Chandelure

Amethyst

• Administrators
To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

• 4 months later...
Trapped!

Chandelure (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 255 SAtk / 255 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)/ Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Chandy lead.
With Shadow Tag your opponent can't go anywhere. They have to stay until you die and it won't be in one go thanks to Focus Sash. You'll get one good hit in before your death. Heat Wave is powerful thanks to it's STAB and can take down any non resistant Pokemon down to half their HP and if you end up faster thanks to Timid you'll kill their precious lead. Shadow Ball is great for Ghosts and Psychics that might end up in front. Energy Ball for ground/water/rock/etc with such high special attack it should do some good damage to them too and it takes out things like swampert/carracosta/kabutops down to 1hp in no time. Hidden power ice for those annoying flying types and dragons. Especially dragonite and ninjask, since they both try to set up and sweep your team.

• 1 month later...
Super speedy shandy

Chandelure (M) @ Focus Sash / Air Balloon
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Flame Charge
- Heat Wave / Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball / Hidden Power [Ice]

ok the theory behind this chandelure is to not sue him as a lead but rather for revenge>sweep.say you go up against a pokemon and they have a focus sash or sturdy and they end up killing yu that turn. send out your chandelure and use the move nitro charge. this move has high chanced of increasing your speed (always for me). althoguth it is a physical attack it stll will take out 1 to 10% of your opponents health most of the time. once you have gained your speed boost. you will essentailly created the speed nesscary to beat almost all pokemons normal speed. because of chandelure's high special attack and variety of moves in this set, he will be a very versatile sweeper for the rest of the match. if you cant end up pulling off a flame charge, he is still a chandelure so have fun!
[i][color="#800080"]Ikaru here, my set is extremely similar so I'll just edit the changes I have from this. I used a Mild nature so Flame Charge wouldn't suck as much; this set in particular has a Focus Sash so I don't think the lowered defense matters, though I used an Air Balloon myself to add another immunity. Hidden Power Ice for hitting... I dunno, stuff. Gliscor I guess? It's probably got better coverage than Energy Ball.

Oh and Conor? Flame Charge is 100% speed boost... It's [b]supposed[/b] to raise Speed.[/color][/i]

• 2 months later...
How about a slightly gimmicky set?

[Hex Abuse]
[Chandelure] (M/F) @ [Life Orb/ Leftovers]
Trait: [Shadowtag]
EVs: [252 Spd, 252 SpAtk, 4 Hp]
[Modest, Timid] Nature
- Will-o-wisp
- Hex
- HP Fighting/ Energy Ball
- Flamethrower/ Fire Blast

Lead off with a toxic spikes user, as this allows all none flying, steel, or floating pokemon to become poisoned. Support it with pokemon using thunder wave, will-o-wisp, spore, or toxic in order to further spread status to the opponent. Will-o-wisp is used to spread status, Hex, the main move of the set, reaches 100 BP with status, this is before adding in its STAB boost and Chandelure's base 145 SpAtk. HP Fighting or Energy Ball is for normal types who are immune to Hex, or water types if your team has trouble with them. Flamethrower and Fire Blast is between power and accuracy (use the one that you feel more comfortable using), and are only here for the STAB (however, both have a chance to burn, so there is a chance that they will increase the power of Hex). Leftovers vs Life Orb is the choice between more power and the chance of surviving more than a couple of hits. Chandelure's defenses aren't the greatest, therefore Life Orb is the preferred choice. If you are confident in your prediction skills, a choice scarf or choice specs may be used in order to raise its speed or special attack. Shadowtag is the preferred ability due to the fact that it prevents the opponent from switching out of a possible KO. Flash Fire may be used in order to raise the power of it's fire type moves if you are planning to use Fire Blast or Flamethrower. Flame Body is extremely gimmicky, and shouldn't be used due to the fact that it only works 30% of the time, and with Chandelure's lackluster defense stat, Chandelure would probably faint before gaining any use out of it. The nature you choose depends on whether you want speed or power.

Edit: Fire Blast/ Flamethrower hits steels who resist Hex for super effective damage (most steel types have horrible special defenses so its often a O-KO). HP fighting hits rocks who resist fire type moves.

I'll add some damage calculations when I have the time.

• Administrators
Interesting; I admit when I saw another reply to this I thought I was gonna have to delete yet another copy of an existing set... Surprised nobody tried this, to be honest. A couple things, though:
[quote]Flash Fire is extremely gimmicky, and shouldn't be used due to the fact that it only works 30% of the time, and with Chandelure's lackluster defense stat, Chandelure would probably faint before gaining any use out of it.[/quote]
I think you mean Flame Body? Edited, if that's the case, otherwise feel free to ignore me and rephrase however you meant ^^;

And if you're banking on Toxic Spikes to status opponents, I don't think Chandelure needs Will-O-Wisp itself; I highly doubt anybody will switch in a Steel-type on Chandelure willingly, and even if they did, you might be better off just KO'ing them outright with a STAB Flamethrower/Fire Blast. Granted, Poison-types and stuff with Levitate are issues still... I dunno, this is just me thinking too much.

• 11 months later...
Chandelure @ Focus Sash
EV's: 4HP / 252SAtk / 252Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball/Hidden Power [Rock/Ice]
- Solarbeam
- Sunny Day

Basically an anti-weather chandelure used to jam politoed/tyranitar/hippowdon/abomasnow leads.

As I recall, Shade used it on the odd occasion, but of late, I've been using it increasingly more on my fire teams to jam opposing rand or sand. For the ghost monotypes, I tend to substitute the Sash for an Air Balloon instead.

HP Ice is in case of dragons, and HP Rock could be for volcarona leads. Otherwise, I go with Shadow Ball.