Team advice

Darkforce35

As of the end of episode 12 my current team is:

Lvl 67 Delphox (blaze) - Will-O-Wisp, Psychic, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball

Lvl 67 Simipour (torrent) - Dive, Scald, Brick Break, Hidden Power

Lvl 63 Magnezone (sturdy) - Discharge, Flash Cannon, Metal Sound, Magnet Rise

Lvl 62 Arcanine (flash fire) - Extreme Speed, Fire Fang, Flamethrower, Flame Burst

Lvl 62 Crustle (sturdy) - Slash, X-Scissor, Shell Smash, Rock Wrecker

Open slot

Any advice to revise current team and/or what else to add is much appreciated :D

Edited by Darkforce35

You have a big ground weakness there Sir.

I would recommend you a Gastrodon with Storm Drain.

It has much Sp.Def an Hp, exactly what your team needs, a special tank.

Or I would recommend a Tropius. It is immune to ground and hits them super effective.

^ Both the above are great suggestions. Also, if want to go more offensive remember you can get Swampert, which is more physically bulky and hits harder but has no access to recovery (though in-game you can simply use items for that).

That would be a replacement for Simipour. For the last slot it will depend on what you want. Seeing as you have already a nice ice and fairy resistance, maybe a Flygon would fit well. It's imune to ground and a potencial defoger once we get the TM. Also, Ground/Dragon stab is great. Just make sure it learns all you want before you evolve it, some moves can only be learnt as a Trapinch.

I personally don't like moves that need recharge (specially after you get your defenses down from Shell Smash), so I would change Rock Wrecker for Rock slide in Crustle if I were you.

Also, I'm using a set of Flare-Blitz, Outrage, Crunch and Extreme Speed in my Arcanine and it has been working wonders, being great coverage up to now. Your's is a little redundant, with three fire moves, two of them quite weak. You already have Delphox for fire type Sp.Attack, so going all physical could be a good idea.

Edited by Notus

I suggest you only choose one fire type pokemon, i prefer Arcanine cause he's majestic as fuck, replace Delphlox with Gardevoir/Gallade/Medicham for type coverage.

for the last slot take Venusaur.

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Ight appreciate all the suggestions! I'm still fairly new to the game, that's my team after going through 12 episodes in 4 days. Haven't really had time to catch/grind lots of Pokemon to fill roles. Hardest part will now be going and finding Pokemon to fill, but I appreciate all the guidance!

And i am switching the Delphox for an EV trained gardevior I will spend the next couple days grinding out (noob EV grinder).... which moveset sounds better to ya'll?

Magical Leaf, Calm Mind, Psychic, Shadow Ball

Magical Leaf, Heal Pulse, Calm Mind, Psychic

Get a heartscale, teach Gardevoir Moonblast from the move tutor. remove shadow ball cause its the same thing as psychic.

as for the grass type, it think Sawsbucks would be nice. with a moveset of Horn Leech,Jump kick, Double edge,Megahorn(move tutor)

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Oops, maybe not a good idea to remove Shadow Ball, else it will be walled hard by steel types. I think Magical Leaf could be taken off to fit Moonblast, as the later will hit harder even when the former is super effective. So, a move set like this:

-Moonblast; Psychic; Shadow Ball; Calm Mind

As for the grass type, I don't really use any aside Venusaur in my current play-through, so I don't know what to recommend.

Edited by Notus

Yeah, makes sense... guess the only thing i still need is a few more grass recommendations to choose from, wanna fill it out right! Maybe a roserade?

You'd also have to breed Roserade for a second STAB move.

There's Leavanny. It's first pre-evolution, Sewaddle is supposed to learn Sticky Web at level 31 but it doesn't. It also has great STAB in X-Scissor and Leaf Blade and it learns Swords Dance through level-up. Wait for E13 for it.

Lilligant is also a great no-breeding-required choice. A set like Sleep Powder/Stun Powder/Teeter Dance, Quiver Dance, Petal Dance (with Own Tempo), and a good HP is what I'd recommend.

Gogoat is also definitely worth looking at. It gets some sweet moves like Earthquake, Bulk Up, Horn Leech and so forth.

Shiftry gets Nasty Plot, so if you don't mind it's frailness, you can make it a great sweeper, especially if you give it Sunny Day to boost it's speed, which it can afford, Dark and Grass has surprisingly good coverage. Even without SD, it also gets Nature Power and Extrasensory and through TM Hidden Power.

Amoonguss is a good wall, even without Poison STAB, which you'd have to breed for, but the Clear Smog it learns on it's own is useful for removing buffs, I guess. Should you feel the need to get a bulky Grass team member, that's the best choice.

Sawsbuck is also good, but you should at least take a look at everything else I listed before it.

Oh, and just so you know, if you breed Crustle with a Geodude, you can get Earthquake on Crustle, giving you perfet coverage with Earthquake, Rock Slide and X-scossor. Speaking of Rock Slide, with Shell Smash, a move that reduces your defenses, I'd say Rock Wrecker is a very bad choice. And making it's ability Weak Armor would make sure that, after a Shell Smash, nothing outspeeds it.

Well with the sludge wave TM given by, I believe Aya but I could be wrong, that gives Roserade a second STAB move, so that was the thinking with her.

Definitely appreciate all of the suggestions and will use them all when making my decision. Gonna wait till i finish EV training my Gardevior before I start working on a grass type so that'll give me some time to do some research and thinking.

On the Crustle note, I think I'm probably going to replace it as well with another rock type Pokemon, but that'll be a bit farther down the road for clear reasons haha

Roserade doesn't learn Sludge Wave by TM.

As for a replacement for Crustle, I'd have two recommendations.

Durant has 109 Attack, 109 Speed and 112 Defense and a Steel typing, allowing it to do great damage and easily take physical hits. It also has the ability Hustle, so it's attack power is further boosted by 50%. The drawbacks are Hustle's 20% accuracy decrease and it's 48 Special defense. But believe me, it's worth it, as it's pros far outweight it's cons. It also learns moves like Iron Head, X-Scissor, Dig, Crunch and Rock Slide (bred through Crustle/Shuckle for RS).

There's also Archeops. 140 Attack and 110 Speed. It's Defeatist ability is rather unfortunate, but relatively easy to manage in Reborn. It learns stuff like Acrobatics, Rock Slide, Crunch, U-Turn, Dragon Claw, Endeavor and Earthquake (breed a Quagsire/Swampert with Corsola, then that Corsola with Archen for EQ).

Ah, just remembered another grass type if you're still interested: Chesnaught. Nice level up movepool (Bulk-Up, Spiky Shield, Hammer Arm, Wood Hammer and Leech Seed for example) cool hidden ability and combo between bulk and attack power. The trouble is it gets a ton of weaknesses, but your team already seems to handle all of them.

"Arcanine used (Fire Move), is was super redundant!"

Hahaha i know, I was just in a rush to train a strong fire pokemon to get through the bug gym (like i said i went through all 12 chapters in 4 days so it was all about time rather than perfecting moves - which bums me out now) so i wasn't able to get the best move-set I should've from growlithe, and now im kinda f'd haha

Ah, just remembered another grass type if you're still interested: Chesnaught. Nice level up movepool (Bulk-Up, Spiky Shield, Hammer Arm, Wood Hammer and Leech Seed for example) cool hidden ability and combo between bulk and attack power. The trouble is it gets a ton of weaknesses, but your team already seems to handle all of them.

Only reason I didn't look too much into him was due to the already enormous fire presence on my current team haha although after replacing delphox with gardevior he may now be more viable! Appreciate the input!