Starting a new game

bottomsupfellas

My old file got wiped and I am starting a new game. Any suggestions on a good starter and/or early in-game Pokemon that will make things easier later on? I remember I was stuck on the Normal gym-leader before my computer blew out. I chose Mudkip last time and I remember just thinking I wanted a stronger/faster starter.

Stronger and faster... 3 things come to mind. Greninja, Blaziken, Infernape

Greninja: Protean = STAB everything with nice special attack and excellent speed

Blaziken: Speed Boost = Total annihilation with amazing move possibilities

Infernape: Iron Fist = Mach Punch power! But seriously, its movepool is great as well and hits hard and fast as well.

I recommend you get the Magikarp... No wait...

Maybe the Ralts... No...

Dammit Ame. Removing the useful stuff.

Anyway, Tacps got ya on the the starters. I'd still recommend Turtwig cuz torterra can abuse it's two STABs without any problem. It learn good moves through levelling, so yeah.

Also, as much as people talk about Blaziken (I talk about Blaziken as well, so w/e), but you'd need Detect/Protect so you can get the Speed Boost going. Otherwise, Blaziken might faint before it can do anything. Still powerful though.

Useful pokemons in the start:

Gothita - Even though some people complained (Gothita in place of Ralts), Gothita gets a very useful ability for early game: Competitive. Since every trainer on the start uses growl/leer/charm/etc...competitive is very useful.

Pachirisu - For a pokemon that people normally don't use, Pachirisu is incredibly useful in the start.

Gulpin - Underrated, but Swalot is a monster early game. Corey is not going to stand a chance.

There's some other stuff, but too tired right now. Might suggest other stuff later if i remember to do so.

Other usefu Pokemon:

Trubbish - With access to Toxic Spikes at level 7 it´s a godsend until the battle with Florina.

Kricketune - With Technician and Fury Cutter it completely shits on Florinia Team.

Venomoth - Access to Quiver Dance through the Move Relearner this thing is really great and it´s the earliest Pokemon you can get who laughs at Aya.

Oh and please tell me that Zubat is still available early game, that guy wrecked everything.

Too bad! Zubat moved!

As for Julia, you can always fish for a Lightning Rod Goldeen. It's going to destroy everything in Julia's gym.

AME killing all the early Op things, but don't worry you can get ducklet now. If only Ame replaced it with a Delibird I would have been happy. Anyway Ninetails I would grab and a Magnemite/evol to a magnezon.

Noibat helps you against all the grass types in the second gym, 4x restistance.

Trubbish for acid spray

Teddiursa for fake tears for sp.D and Baby doll eyes to lower cradily's attack.

I should take the teddiursa cause you will get poisend,para and burned all the time. and with guts it helps alot!

I always thought mud-kip was a great defensive starter and the most useful for the first gym but, i first started the game on episode 8. Maybe things have changed.

You can get him later in game so its better to chose something else.