Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

[Resolved] Azurill Evolution help

EffervescentJoy

Question

I have playing this game for a while and I am enjoying every minute of it. But now I am having a problem with Azurill evolving into Marill. In a combination of determination and stupidity, I am a proud owner of a level 55 Azurill. I am pretty sure its happiness is high enough. What is wrong here?

Edited by EffervescentJoy

25 answers to this question

Apparently it's happiness is not as high as you think (probably) you can (sorta) check it in one of the saloons in Obsidia (and also increase it's happiness)

Yeah I thought of that but currently I am stuck at the Agate circus so I can't leave. XD

Can anyone else try and see if Azurill is having a problem? Cuz if it's not a bug, then this doesn't belong in Troubleshooting.

But yeah, you should be able to check in the Saloon in Obsidia. it might not be as high as you think it is.

Can anyone else try and see if Azurill is having a problem? Cuz if it's not a bug, then this doesn't belong in Troubleshooting.

But yeah, you should be able to check in the Saloon in Obsidia. it might not be as high as you think it is.

Sorry, I am new the forums

Sorry, I am new the forums

No problems there mate ^_^

But i'd like if someone could test it and see if it's really working properly. Otherwise, it might be a bug.

Also: I didn't do it before so: Welcome to Reborn! :I

Just tested it my Azurill had max happiness and it evolved after I used a rare candy.

@EffervescentJoy if you want you can upload your save file and i will tell you what the happiness of your Azurill is.

Just tested it my Azurill had max happiness and it evolved after I used a rare candy.

@EffervescentJoy if you want you can upload your save file and i will tell you what the happiness of your Azurill is.

I dont know how to upload a save file XD

I dont know how to upload a save file XD

Your safe file is in users/your name/saved games/pokemon reborn. It is called game.rxdata

You upload it by pressing "more reply options" and then attach a file.

Just saying/pointing this out.

In one of my game files (which I deleted due to unhappiness of that team), I realized that everytime I feed it a Common Candy, the Happiness sorta dropped.

Coz I kept going on and on and walking and grinding and resetting with Common Candies and I wouldn't evolve. Then when I checked, I realized that the happiness was low (idk if I didn't do anything or sth). I suspected a candy glitch, and sure enough, everytime after I used a candy, it seemed to drop it's friendship.

IDK if I'm wrong though, since that was about 2 Episodes ago. I may try again for an Azurill......but idk, I'm too lazy to breed that Growlithe.

Can someone tell me if I'm wrong? I forgot exact details, and I'm sorry about the vagueness coz it was quite long ago. But I recall correctly that I did feed it Common Candies, and no other candies.

Incidentally on the topic of Candies, how to EVs work with Common Candies? Do they get deleted, or....?

The stats drop, and the happiness do too.

The reason for that, well: If you feed your pokemon a good candy, it's going to raise it's happiness. However a Common candy is like, nothing special. Your pokemon dislikes them.

I think the happiness drops the same amount as you gain if you level the poke (e.g. If after levelling a poke, it gets +2 points in happiness, after a Common Candy it should drop 2 points).

EV should stay, and stats drop. Like Tacps said.

The EV's thingy may fit better in another topic I started about EV's. but don't make that discourage you from posting the question elsewhere.

As long as we don't start talking about Azurills and end talking about Pluto, it's all right.

It's fine, the question was sprouted by a possible root of the problem so it still fits.

Not always...

I mean... actually, just forget about it... i'm thinking about stuff...