The Awakened [OOC - Registrations Closed]

Flux

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I know. I actually have been thinking about this RP a lot, whether you'll believe it or not. I'm still trying to determine what the rest of you should do while the other members are at the dinner party event. I'm thinking of having some kind of conflict with Utopia, though I haven't decided on how or why that will happen yet. There is likely to be a little backstory shed on Zweiss during that. Sorry for the wait, but just give me a little bit more time, and I'll get something up.

• 2 weeks later...

This is taking a bit of time though. The IC thread is all the way in the middle of the second page of the forums.

Anyone care to make a revive post in it? I'd do it myself, but I'm honestly planning to just have Anver stalk around the woods until dusk when the car arrives to pick him up.

Yep, sorry... Now that Aervana finished chapter one and my new project is up and running, I should be able to get back to this. I'll start working on something and get it up as soon as I can. The posts here take a fair bit longer than in my other RP, so I've been trying to wrap that up first...

So, I haven't appeared here for a while. Sadly, I must be quitting. 'Tis a neat enough RP, but I can't really stick around for it

Well, I'm sorry to hear that... :( Hopefully, the slowness on my part did not attribute to this. If so, I apologize.

On that note, we're finally back, and one step closer towards the action! I'm sorry for the extensively long wait, but thank you for being as patient as you could. Hopefully I'll be able to find the time to update this regularly now, despite school having started again.

EDIT: Hukuna and Ark, your part will be posted up with the next set of replies. Strat, yours will be soon around that time, though it depends on how many posts there are until dinner party time. Sorry for the wait, but it's just a little but more.

Edited by Flux

I apologize if this is answered somewhere, but are new applicants still being accepted?

I should be able to fit you in after we wrap up this chapter. Just a bit more.

Character Name: Alicia Mirrik

Ability of the character: Pyrokinesis. She is capable of igniting surfaces, under a few conditions. The first being that she isn't calm. She can be feeling anything serious ranging from anxiety to fury, however if she's too calm she will fail to do anything. The second is that it has to be on any naturally ignitable surface, such as wood or clothing. Trying to start a fire on stone won't do anything. Note that she is terrified of her power and will try to do anything to suppress it.

Appearance: Alicia is of average height for a girl her age, coupled with short, auburn hair, as well as green eyes. She's rather thin, barely weighing a hundred pounds. She usually wears a basic purple T-shirt as well as a pair of torn jeans (I mean, when you're on the run you can't really be a fashionista)

Personality: Alicia is short tempered and is quick to start complaining. She tends to be pessimistic and always expects the worst possible outcome to occur. However she is very caring when someone is hurt (especially when she hurt them) and tries to help them, though often to no avail. Overall she works well with others but prefers to be alone.

Background:

"Mom, why won't you let me go?" I was having another argument with my mother. Just one of many. "I told you a million times, I don't want you leaving the house this late!" I only sort of remember what caused it, but it was probably a stupid reason, most of the fights were. "I'll only be gone an hour or so, then I'll head straight back home!"

"How can I trust you do stay true to your word?" The argument went on for another ten minutes or so. That's when it first happened. "I hate you!" It was all very sudden. I yelled at her, turned my back, and I heard a scream. I turned back, and she had erupted into flames. I pulled out my phone and dialed 911.

Later than day, while I was waiting in the hospital, two men in black suits approached me. "Are you Alicia Meerik?" I nodded. "It's Mer-rick." The man frowned a bit, but the second one spoke up. "We'll need you to come with us." I shook my head, "Not until I make sure my mother is okay."

"Your mother will be fine. Come with us." He grabbed my arm. "Wait, don't-" I began to say, but I was soon being pulled out the door. "Don't I have a say in this?" I argued. The men remained silent. I began pulling away from them. "Let me go!" I heard another scream and my arm was released. The man in black was on fire. His partner stood in shock for a moment but began to draw his weapon. I ran. I ran out of the room, out of the hospital, as far away as I could get until I had to stop. I knew I wasn't normal.

Other Comments: Looking at it, this is one of the youngest characters in the group. Fun. Also, i notice the writing style for the background was a bit different that other people's, I'll try to use a similar style as others when/if I'm accepted into the RP.

Looks good to me. And actually... I may be able to fit you into this chapter after all. Is there any group you'd prefer for Alicia to end up with? (Assuming you've read enough to know them.)

Looks good to me. And actually... I may be able to fit you into this chapter after all. Is there any group you'd prefer for Alicia to end up with? (Assuming you've read enough to know them.)

Let me read through them when I can, and I'll get back to you on that.

If Aervana is closed, would that allot more time for this RP? This RP is one I quite like.

Likely, though I'm lacking time in general between school and practice right now. I'm actually debating what to do with your character currently... I have plans for those with combat focused powers, but yours makes things difficult, in an interesting way... I have an idea for near the end of this chapter, but I'm stumped for the short-term, hence why I haven't updated yet.