What do you name your Pokémon?

Oozy

I was wondering how you guys name your pokemon! Do you have themes, do you name them out of the blue, are you stuck on names for half an hour, or do you simply give them ordinary human names? :3

I myself have themes, and for every nuzlocke I used a different theme. For example, in my Platinum nuzlocke I used Hawaiian names, for my Black 2 nuzlocke it's Aztec names, in Reborn I give them ordinary silly names, like Bob, Mary and so on. In my current Nuzlocke, Pokemon Y, I use names from the Sylvari race of Guild Wars II.

link to the Sylvari name generator: http://fantasynamegenerators.com/sylvari_names.php#.U2jK6IHuem5

I'm interested in your Pokemon names now! :)

Edited by Oozy

I just name my pokemons randomly.. but I have noticed that I always give my Arcanines/Growlithes a Japanese name dunno why.. two of my Arcanines is named after Miyamoto Musashi... but then sometimes I give some pokemons Finnish names, I have an Umbreon named Untamo and but then I use English names such as William, Carl...

Those that are important to my team I give a name that can easily be shortened to a nickname ending in a long E (EX: Madeline=Maddy, Natalie=Nattie)

Those that are less important I usually name as a reference, or the first thing that pops into my head (EX: Vergere, Luke; Tiny (Giratina :P), Afth'd)

And some that are extra special (generally legends) but likely won't be on my competitive teams I give extra special names (EX: Hope, my Yveltal (KILL IT WITH HOPE!); Hatred, that Lucario; Umer and Whit, my Umbreon and Espeon pair in Pearl)

Sometimes it takes me a few seconds to name, while mostly it can take a good hour, even longer for the trainer name (took 2 hours to name myself before I started to play Reborn).XD I just think of something random or punny or cute (like naming a Lilligant or Gardevoir for example). Currently playing through Black & I have an Emboar named Porcules, Cinncno is called Fancy Feast, & Scolopede is Dio.=) Just something random really.^_^