Team for Shade?

SilverJakler

Hi, I'm kinda stuck on Shade. The next time I battle him, I want to make sure I'll have a fighting chance, so I've been building my team up a lot more, swapping Pokemon out for others etc. Now I have no idea what his team comp is except for Rotom, Chandelure, and Gengar, but here's the team I'm thinking of using:

Chesnaught: Bite, Leech Seed, Seed Bomb, Spiky(King's) Shield

Hariyama: Knock Off, Smelling Salts, Fake Out, Force Palm (so basically Knock Off only :L)

Pyroar: Flamethrower, Echoed Voice, Headbutt, Work Up (Flamethrower, pretty much)

Gyarados: Bite, Aqua Tail, Ice Fang, Dragon Rage

Zoroark: Night Daze, Night Slash, Scary Face, Taunt

Magneton (zone?): Flash Cannon, Charge Beam, thunder Wave, Electro Ball

On Bench

Noibat: Air Cutter, Supersonic, Bite, Roost

Emolga: Nuzzle, Pursuit, Acrobatics, Shockwave

Duskull (almost Dusclops): Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Pursuit

I could use some feedback on whether I should keep the team the way it is, or swap some guys out, etc. If you also have any tips for movesets and such, that'd be helpful too.

Edited by SilverJakler

just gonna put it out there, you should raise Duskull up to dusclops. Will-o-Wisp and shadow sneak should be more than useful in the battle. STAB/Super Effective move with some constant damage thanks to burn. Pursuit for when you think he may switch out, and confuse ray for extra chance for more damage a turn

just gonna put it out there, you should raise Duskull up to dusclops. Will-o-Wisp and shadow sneak should be more than useful in the battle. STAB/Super Effective move with some constant damage thanks to burn. Pursuit for when you think he may switch out, and confuse ray for extra chance for more damage a turn

Yeah, I was thinking that too, but wasn't sure if RNG would bless me in the battle or not. I'll try him out though. Who do you recommend I replace for him?

no problem, some other people may come along and offer more advice, id heed their advice as well

sharpedo actually works very well. he hits hard and fast but sadly he cant take a hit

If you do go for sharpedo, get Speed Boost and Crunch. you wont regret it

Shade's team is: Rotom, Gourgeist, Spiritomb, Golett, Gengar and Chandelure.

You want to use Zoroark, so I don't see how you can have all that much trouble with him... that kind of murders half his team with Night Daze. Just watch out for Gengar's Hidden Power Fighting and Chandelure's Hidden Power Fairy (...I think it's Fairy, anyway).

And definitely keep Gyarados on board for that Chandelure- it can take a special hit, and you want to be able to do that. Added bonus of not being weak to any of its attacks, and it'll definitely two shot it with Aqua Tail.

I would trade Magneton out for something else, since it's not going to be useful for much of anything in this battle, but I don't know what to recommend...

..I can just post the entire team he has right now.

I've yet to add this to the guide, so consider yourself special for getting an exclusive preview n__n

Rotom - Electric/Ghost (Level 34) - Ability: Levitate - Item: Leftovers

Hex/Confuse Ray/Thunder Wave/Electro Ball

Chandelure - Ghost/Fire (Level 38) - Ability: Flame Body - Item: Sitrus Berry

Flame Burst/Shadow Ball/Confuse Ray/Energy Ball

Golett - Ghost/Ground (Level 36) - Ability: No Guard

Magnitude/Shadow Punch/Dynamic Punch/Curse

Corey (Gengar) - Ghost/Poison (Level 37) - Ability: Levitate

Shadow Ball/Hypnosis/Dream Eater/Hidden Power Fighting

Gourgeist - Grass/Ghost (Level 35) - Ability: Insomnia - Item: Leftovers

Shadow Ball/Phantom Force/Leech Seed/Confuse Ray

Spiritomb - Ghost/Dark (Level 35) - Ability: Pressure

Nasty Plot/Shadow Ball/Hypnosis/Dream Eater

This is pretty much his set-up. I've only just managed to beat Corey with a 3 of my 6 Pokémon nearing level 40, Kirlia being a Trace scout at level 34 and Noibat being a Frisk scout at level 36. I used Greninja/Azumarill/Helioptile/Growlithe throughout the entire battle. Growlithe helped against Golett because of Intimidate and Crunch, Greninja pretty much used Water Pulse/Smack Down and Round to avoid Shadow Balls completely.

Rotom is a very fast lead, it can use Thunder Wave on anything that outspeeds it so it can combo you with Electro Ball (Electro Ball does more damage if the user outspeeds the target).

I'd keep going with describing the entire team, but I think this is pretty much enough of a spoiler to set yourself up for a strategy to get around everything, right?

That, and it's 3 AM when this is posted.

~Dashie

sharpedo actually works very well. he hits hard and fast but sadly he cant take a hit

I've heard good things about that particular fish, but I don't know where to get a good rod .-.

Shade's team is: Rotom, Gourgeist, Spiritomb, Golett, Gengar and Chandelure.

You want to use Zoroark, so I don't see how you can have all that much trouble with him... that kind of murders half his team with Night Daze. Just watch out for Gengar's Hidden Power Fighting and Chandelure's Hidden Power Fairy (...I think it's Fairy, anyway).

And definitely keep Gyarados on board for that Chandelure- it can take a special hit, and you want to be able to do that. Added bonus of not being weak to any of its attacks, and it'll definitely two shot it with Aqua Tail.

I would trade Magneton out for something else, since it's not going to be useful for much of anything in this battle, but I don't know what to recommend...

Reason why I didn't use Zoroark the first time around was because I didn't have it. I'm currently raising him now, along with Gyarados (oooh the grinding), and I got a heart scale ready for him when he needs Night Daze.

And I've also heard a lot of good things about our resident anger management patient, Gyarados as well.

Now about Magneton, no clue what I'd replace him with.

..I can just post the entire team he has right now.

I've yet to add this to the guide, so consider yourself special for getting an exclusive preview n__n

Rotom - Electric/Ghost (Level 34) - Ability: Levitate - Item: Leftovers

Hex/Confuse Ray/Thunder Wave/Electro Ball

Chandelure - Ghost/Fire (Level 38) - Ability: Flame Body - Item: Sitrus Berry

Flame Burst/Shadow Ball/Confuse Ray/Energy Ball

Golett - Ghost/Ground (Level 36) - Ability: No Guard

Magnitude/Shadow Punch/Dynamic Punch/Curse

Corey (Gengar) - Ghost/Poison (Level 37) - Ability: Levitate

Shadow Ball/Hypnosis/Dream Eater/Hidden Power Fighting

Gourgeist - Grass/Ghost (Level 35) - Ability: Insomnia - Item: Leftovers

Shadow Ball/Phantom Force/Leech Seed/Confuse Ray

Spiritomb - Ghost/Dark (Level 35) - Ability: Pressure

Nasty Plot/Shadow Ball/Hypnosis/Dream Eater

This is pretty much his set-up. I've only just managed to beat Corey with a 3 of my 6 Pokémon nearing level 40, Kirlia being a Trace scout at level 34 and Noibat being a Frisk scout at level 36. I used Greninja/Azumarill/Helioptile/Growlithe throughout the entire battle. Growlithe helped against Golett because of Intimidate and Crunch, Greninja pretty much used Water Pulse/Smack Down and Round to avoid Shadow Balls completely.

Rotom is a very fast lead, it can use Thunder Wave on anything that outspeeds it so it can combo you with Electro Ball (Electro Ball does more damage if the user outspeeds the target).

I'd keep going with describing the entire team, but I think this is pretty much enough of a spoiler to set yourself up for a strategy to get around everything, right?

That, and it's 3 AM when this is posted.

~Dashie

Hory-Shet_large.jpg

I got a sneak peak?! :D Thanks Dashie, your guide has gotten me through some tough times in Reborn.

All things considered, I believe this'll be my team comp for Shade, and maybe for the rest of the campaign, idk.

Chesnaught

Gyarados

Zoroark

Dusclops

Pyroar

Magneton

curse you dashie!!! i was trying to be helpful! lol

but yeah, in general listen to Dashie. shes knows what shes doing.

(side note: creepy that his gengar is named Corey) o.0

Yeah... explain yourself Shade! But, srsly I was pretty creeped out when that Gengar came up, ironically his part Poison too .-.

(Sorry for the double post btw, tried to edit my last one, but screwed up)

Oh, I also have another member that I could swap out Magnezone for. I haven't caught Corey's Croagunk yet, and since he learns Sucker Punch before the level limit, he might be a good addition to the team.

Also, when Duskull evolves, should I replace Shadow Sneak for Shadow Punch, or keep it for the priority?

Dusclops is (very) slow so maybe it's better to keep Shadow Sneak, with Zoroark and Gyarados you shouldn't have any problems with Shade (Zoroark kills 4-5 of his Pokemon and Gyarados can take care of Chandelure).

Honestly if you don't mind grinding up another pokemon then I'd recommend getting a toxicroak. It learns sucker punch and faint attack through level up and has a very impressive (for this point in the game) 106 base attack. I'd probably replace magneton for him as I don't see magneton doing much.

Dusclops is (very) slow so maybe it's better to keep Shadow Sneak, with Zoroark and Gyarados you shouldn't have any problems with Shade (Zoroark kills 4-5 of his Pokemon and Gyarados can take care of Chandelure).

Honestly if you don't mind grinding up another pokemon then I'd recommend getting a toxicroak. It learns sucker punch and faint attack through level up and has a very impressive (for this point in the game) 106 base attack. I'd probably replace magneton for him as I don't see magneton doing much.

Alright, sounds like a plan. Anyone know of any good grinding places for these guys (other than the Power Plant itself, Klinks and Magnemites aren't very fond of my guys...)