Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Tara's Last Name

TheBackwardsLegsMan

Question

I have the game complete up to the current point. I went to the Beryl graveyard to get an Aipom for pickup, when I saw a Team Meteor grunt by a headstone. It was the one from the raid on the mountain base who said his love died. He ends up quitting team meteor and moves to his house in Peridot, and if you talk to him there he mentions how broken up he is that he doesn't know her last name. He makes a pretty big deal about this, and he also says several times that whatever's left of her is at the bottom of the lake (in front of Charlotte's house, I forgot the name).

That got me thinking, maybe you can find some type of identification around there, so I swept the area with an item finder and fished with both rods for a while. I even caught a couple pokemon to see if they were holding something (super wishful thinking, I know). The fact that you see this guy in multiple places and can apparently progress some type of story with him makes me really believe that there's more to it.

So I guess I'm just wondering if that content exists yet, if anyone knows what to do, or if I'm just looking too far into it and it's nothing important.

EDIT: Well, I can't spell. It's Tara, not Terra. My bad.

Edited by TheBackwardsLegsMan

7 answers to this question

^ You're correct, and yes, that's Tara that he's referring to.

At the moment, no, there's no (accessible) content for that, but I'm assuming that is a plot point that will be addressed whenever we get Surf, possibly? And Dive.

...Also, when exactly does he appear in the Beryl Cemetery? Because I've never seen him... but I've heard he appears.

^ You're correct, and yes, that's Tara that he's referring to.

At the moment, no, there's no (accessible) content for that, but I'm assuming that is a plot point that will be addressed whenever we get Surf, possibly? And Dive.

...Also, when exactly does he appear in the Beryl Cemetery? Because I've never seen him... but I've heard he appears.

I found him after i beat Luna. He probably appears earlier and you might have to do something first. (Talk to someone.)

There's not a name in that graveyard that doesn't have something to do with the game. If you follow Simon to his home in Peridot, he hints that you should check out the Hidden Cove's lake. However, without surf or, more importantly, dive, we can't figure much out.
Though, it's quite possible Team Meteor knows about her family/past. They knew about the protagonist before he/she even became a threat, blowing up his/her train (along with Ame, so it might be a stretch to say the player was the target), so it's quite possible that Meteor has traced her past to allow her into the Team. For now, though, I don't think we can do anything but speculate.

I have a feeling there wil be a side quest for it later on. Though(like every1 said already) nothing is sure yet, only that an other Team Metoer member has his wife laying in a grave there...