Recommend a 6th

Etesian

Alright, I'm about to challenge Shade(should be no problem) and my team is as follows: Alakazam, Crobat, Scrafty, Leavanny and Swampert.

What should be my 6th? I'm thinking about taking Arcanine, Cofagrigus, Ursaring or Magnezone. Which should I take? Or should I get someone else? I want a Pokemon for the long run, not something temporary.

EDIT: Alright, no Magnezone. So, Arcanine or Cofagrigus.

Edited by 13243546

Where's the Gyarados tho?

EDIT: Just go with Cofragrigus... If you get a +SpDef -Atk nature, this thing will be taking hits. Also, dat Mummy tho. Definitely go with Cofagrigus.

Edited by Vinny953

Magnezone of course! As a proud magnezone owner I can atest to how awsome they are. Although in your case, you would be using a magneton.Your not for enough into the game to get a magnezone.

I can actually go back to E10 and evolve it in Shade's gym by having it level up there.

Where's the Gyarados tho?

EDIT: Looks like you went back to version 10 huh? Well, i'll think of something and will recommend later

I'm tired of it, I guess. I really don't feel like using it. All of the above have better Speed (beside cofagrigus) or way better defense (beside Arcanine) for slightly less attack power (or slightly more for a Cofagrigus with Nasty Plot (breeding)).

Plus, in terms of type coverage, I would only get Ice. Magnezone would provide Steel and Electric, Arcanine would provide Fire, Dragon and Thunder, while Cofagrigus would have only Ghost, but with Shadow Ball, Memetno, Nasty Plot and Curse/Will-o-Wisp, a great attacker with great bulk and good support skills.

This is so unfair >.> I I couldn't go back episodes to get the pokemon I wanted >:I But in all seriousness I think you would need a Sp. Attacker, since I think 4 of your pokemon are physical.............? So I would suggest getting a Zoroark(assuming you already joined a gang and defeated the other gang). Zoroark is fast as well, and since it's a dark type it'll be a good match up against Shade's ghost pokemon. I can't remember ALL of his pokemons, but I do know that he has a Gengar and a Chandelure for real. If you'd would choose Magnezone then it'll be destroyed by the Chandelure if you keep it there. I'm just saying my opinions here!

Anyways thanks for reading my opinion! ^-^

lol, i just download episode 10 yesterday. and now i got riolu, starly, munchlax, gligar and the most important is BRELOOM. technician, mach punch, bullet seed (breed with sunflora), force palm (got boost technician too- and 30% par @_@), and SPORE. trust me, anyone CANNOT OHKO it will die :v :v

Edited by gutten_tag

This is so unfair >.> I I couldn't go back episodes to get the pokemon I wanted >:I But in all seriousness I think you would need a Sp. Attacker, since I think 4 of your pokemon are physical.............? So I would suggest getting a Zoroark(assuming you already joined a gang and defeated the other gang). Zoroark is fast as well, and since it's a dark type it'll be a good match up against Shade's ghost pokemon. I can't remember ALL of his pokemons, but I do know that he has a Gengar and a Chandelure for real. If you'd would choose Magnezone then it'll be destroyed by the Chandelure if you keep it there. I'm just saying my opinions here!

Anyways thanks for reading my opinion! ^-^

I actually just beat him. Scrafty with Crunch and Zen Headbutt took out half of his team, including Chandelure after Crobat's Screech. I've already got a Dark-type in Scrafty and Zoroark has a worse moveset than those 3 IMO. Those 3 would all be Sp.Attackers anyways.

In any case thank you for reading and giving your opinion.

Arcanine is very nice even later in the game, mostly because of Extreme Speed. And it gets Crunch, which will help you against Radomus, and two good abilities in Justified and Flash Fire. I like mine a lot ^_^ .

Edited by Notus

I'm tired of it, I guess. I really don't feel like using it. All of the above have better Speed (beside cofagrigus) or way better defense (beside Arcanine) for slightly less attack power (or slightly more for a Cofagrigus with Nasty Plot (breeding)).

Plus, in terms of type coverage, I would only get Ice. Magnezone would provide Steel and Electric, Arcanine would provide Fire, Dragon and Thunder, while Cofagrigus would have only Ghost, but with Shadow Ball, Memetno, Nasty Plot and Curse/Will-o-Wisp, a great attacker with great bulk and good support skills.

well, all i can see is that you don't know how gyarados works. so u don't know how to use him. i can say this: just send him in the right moment, and the "speed" or "slightly less atk" or "cofagirus with nasty plot" will NEVER BE ABLE to compare to GOD level gyarados has. just look at this formular:

aqua tail stab+ 125 base atk + dragon dance + moxie + mystic water + rain boost (must be outside, most of the time in game there is raining). see??

it's still a basic rule in competitive: when you face a gyarados, you MUST IMMEDIATELY send a biggest tank like ferrothorn or a counter (scarft user with lightning atk like jolteon or thundurus). if you let gyarados dance at least twice- it destroy everything. does that what arcanine or cofagrius can do??

p/s: i don;t use gyarados too. but just because it destroy the fun and strategy i like to plan on my team

i don't think you know exactly how gyarados work. so u don;t know how to use him well. i'll tell you some main points:

First is the speed: can anyone in your team can outspeed a gyarados after ONLY one dragon dance??

Second is the type coverage: why gyarados need coverage ( i mean IN GAME, not competitive) when the most incredible point is "pure power": look at this formular and you will understand:

aqua tail STAB + dragon dance boost + 125 base atk + mystic water +moxie + mostly times in game has rain, it boost water move 50% (outside of course)

bite and ice fang is just "the other best move he can get" (very dissapointed at this moment, but with TM in the future episode- who knows??)

this is how gyarados works: send him in front of something cannot OHKO it (most the cases is lightning pkm, u should avoid that), then dance once (sometimes if you feel safe- twice dances). and then u will understand the words "above better speed" or "type coverage" mean NOTHING. JUST SEND HIM IN THE RIGHT MOMENT, AND IT DESTROY EVERYTHING. it's still a basic rule in competitive battle. when you face a gyarados, IMMEDIATELY send a counter or scraft user to revenge kill it, or it destroy your team.

p/s: i don't like gyarados too. i send it to my PC long ago. but not because of the "speed" or "just SLIGHTLY MORE ATK" than others. the reason is just it destroys the fun and strategy logic when i play reborn -_-

Well, first off all Crobat can outspeed it even after a Dragon Dance.

Next, I've got plenty of good attackers, so someone bulky like Magnezone or Cofagrigus is more what I want. I can deal damage, I need something that could also take it or deal before it takes(Arcanine(maybe + Agility))

Also Flare Blitz(120)STAB+110 Base Attack+Flame Plate, or Shadow Ball(80)STAB+95 Bae SP.ATK+Nasty Plot+ Ghost Plate would be pretty much the same, and I'm only really worried about Gyms, and only one that takes place outside is vs Kiki, so rain wouldn't help much. And useful TM in Reborn are very rare and more of them won't be here for a looong time.

Thank you for the input.

EDIT: Oh, and coverage does matter a lot, attack strength is changed drastically. Against a Ferrothorn, Aqua tail would do half damage (47,5), while Flare Blitz would do 4x damage (480).

And I have used Gyarados before, I know the drill.

Edited by 13243546

lol, i just download episode 10 yesterday. and now i got riolu, starly, munchlax, gligar and the most important is BRELOOM. technician, mach punch, bullet seed (breed with sunflora), force palm (got boost technician too- and 30% par @_@), and SPORE. trust me, anyone CANNOT OHKO it will die :v :v

I actually really like Breloom, but with all those weaknesses and it's Def stats, 70 speed won't do. Wouldn't really gain any new attack types either. Thanks for the comment!

EDIT: Just go with Cofragrigus... If you get a +SpDef -Atk nature, this thing will be taking hits. Also, dat Mummy tho. Definitely go with Cofagrigus.

Yeah, that seems to be it. It's a shame I'll have to wait until the Wasteland to get Spiritomb, breeding with it will get me Nasty Plot.

Anyways, this is done. Thank you everyone.