Blue Moon Ice Cream

Arkhi

If you've seen the Pickup Table for Ep. 12, you've probably seen the item called "Blue Moon Ice Cream". Unlike the other ice creams, this one lies within the borders of "Very Rare" from levels 31-70.
What could the use for such a scarce item be?

Edit: The table is for Ep.12

Berry Ice Cream is the second-strongest regularly available healing item in the game (after Moomoo Milk)- it heals 90 HP.

Presumably, Blue Moon Ice Cream heals for 100 or more, but I dunno how much exactly.

Or, if Ame's a bit crazy, it could act more than just that.

But actually, maybe the Blue Moon Ice cream may heal less... Why? Cuz you can't pick up Berry Ice Cream.

Or she's going to put the Blue Moon in place of the Berry one.

Or maybe it's an item that auto kills your poke, cuz Ame's evil...

It will just make your pokemon drunk, causing instant confusion during battle. And when your pokes hit themselves in confusion, it does double the normal damage.

Edit: Also, the confusion will last for 5 full turns. Once that fifth turn ends, your pokemon will instantly fall asleep and will not wake up until the next in-game morning, which it will then become paralyzed due to having the spins.

Edited by Phlytosion

• Administrators

It's not like it's a big spoiler or anything so

Blue Moon Ice Cream will be an especially rare item. Consuming it does restore 200 HP, but more importantly, because the flavor is so unique and coveted, it will sky-rocket a Pokemon's happiness value.

Blue Moon Ice Cream will be an especially rare item. Consuming it does restore 200 HP, but more importantly, because the flavor is so unique and coveted, it will sky-rocket a Pokemon's happiness value.

...Brb preparing a Pickup army like I should have ages ago, that sounds amazing.

Uniquely flavored and coveted substance picked up from some strange place by a creature that makes them "happy". Uhmm...
Drug. Definitely a drug.

This is Sparta Reborn, home to "Rare Candies" and various other shady dealings. I can't be entirely surprised.

Based on that, i'm assuming we're not gonna be able to buy it right?

• Administrators

It can be purchased extremely rarely. Vending machines have a small chance of accidentally dropping it. There's also a chance that ice cream sales people might have some, but it's expensive and will go out of stock in a blink.

• 3 months later...

@Ame

I can definitely confirm this. I just bought some. A side note tho, the full text can't fit into the bag, so it looks kinda funny. i just bought as much as I could, which was a full stack :D probably better used as a friendship enhancer than a health item.

With my pickup army I managed to get two of them a while back . They sell for the same as rare candies which Ame rose to 10000 pokedollars!!

I'm going to save them as they might be a tradable item later in the game.

I used Gemini to delete the script for Vanilla Ice Cream and replaced it with Bluemoon

Ame wasn't kidding when she said that your mon's happiness would sky rocket. use Bluemoon Ice creme on them, and they could go from absolutely hating your guts one moment, to absolutely adoring you the next.

Edited by Stratos