About the orphanage kids

Timber Dragon

I didn't really question this at first, but I'm unclear on why the kids from the Orphanage--Charlotte, Noel, Anna, and by extension, Laura and Shelly--aren't on the front lines more often. It was Team Meteor's raid on their house in Tanzan Cove that made me question this. Why were only Saphira and Laura helping you fend them off? Everyone is a competent gym leader, and if the Reborn League lineup can be taken into consideration, Charlotte is in the Champion rank. And she was hiding with the rest of the kids.

Wouldn't everyone be able to defend themselves? It's odd considering earlier in the game, Shelly helped you raid the orphanage to rescue Heather, and Charlotte, Anna, and Noel all held Dr. Connal and his goons at Pokemon-point. It's especially odd when you consider Charlotte's line that the player isn't up to her rank, even though the player is able to beat both Sirius and Dr. Connal. So it stands to reason, if the player is stronger than Sirius and Dr. Connal, and Charlotte is stronger than the player, then Charlotte is stronger than Sirius and Dr. Connal and could surely be a big help defending herself.

Were they worried about the numbers? Could be, but with their combined power, surely they could handle themselves. It also seemed Saphira did a great job holding off most of the army, since only Dr.Connal and Sirius make it to the house, so there's even less worry for everyone. It bothers me a bit since I really want to see all of them in action in more often. They're interesting characters and they seem very competent.

• Administrators

The idea is that Sigmund is legally able to apprehend any of them except the player (who is presumed to be 18), Laura and Saphira because they're underage. He breaks this law in the branches where Laura or Saphira are kidnapped, which she makes a fuss about. Technically the group already did violate the law in breaking into the orphanage as well, but they try to avoid doing that more than is necessary, and attacking someone who is supposed to be a legal guardian would qualify.

Charlotte probably doesn't care about those laws, but is listening to Saphira's instruction anyway.

Plus, as can be seen from Sigmund's attack on Laura/whoeverelsefromtheotherchoiceyoucanmake, he attacks the trainer, not the opposing Pokemon. It's probably best for the kids to be safe from a trainer who attacks other trainers instead of their Pokes.