So what's wrong with you?

Chevaleresse

as in, legitimate mental and physical disorders/diseases.

I've been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (dat 150+ IQ tho) and a mild generalized anxiety disorder. There's also a good chance that I have developed or will develop something on the depression spectrum (you should have seen me last year.)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh I have a lot of issues, I'm labeled, with Asperger's Syndrome which I deny because, I think its my HUGE lack of social skills, and that I'm not very trusting of people...I'd say...most of my problems are environmentally acquired and turned into psychological problems, also I have abandonment issues, and I pretty much break down (Happens VERY rarely. Also I just realized...I don't do a lot of things or adventurous...due to these factors, in getting rejected as in asking a yes or no question, or disappointed in the results. Along with the fact that, I don't know how to properly channel my emotions unless through music, or something charged with emotion.

Well that's enough ranting...and I feel like I found out something about myself so thanks Sarcus!

Edited by James-Sensei

Moderate to severe asthma.

Affected by many stereotypes.

A fear of needles.

An odd attraction to weapons.

I have absolutely no disorders and/or disabilities besides asthma disease.

I have a serious pollen allergy though...

And dat moderate asthma doesn't help it...

I apparently got a real nice gene pool to have so few issues...

Besides that I'm either just a big asthmatic or I'm affected by either diseases/problems I have no idea about.

Edited by Absol-lutelty awesome!

I view my autism as a blessing. When I put my mind to something, I can read in between the lines.

Now for actual faults.

I've got a physical disability that heavily impedes my writing and drawing abilities. I can't hold a pencil without my hand wobbling. This does not effect forge work, because it's the entire arm that's going into it, not just the hand.

I rely on a computer to get most of my work done.

((off topic: I may shoot you a pm about the drawing stuff Noivy, been wondering about using a computer to do drawing since my pencil drawing skills aren't very good, I just have problems putting things from my mind unto paper, so I was thinking of trying a new method.))

I have a few things physically. Most of which are Auto-Immune disorders. I have Asthma (which on top of being allergic to mostly anything Green outside is pretty shitty.) and i also have alopecia universalis, rather uncommon auto-immune disorder that causes my immune system to kill Hair Focals. I don't have a single hair on my entire body, not even eyebrows. Luckily for me I am guy so it doesn't get noticed as much for me. It is actually annoying since I don't have eyelashes either I pretty much have to wear sunglasses outside or else it is very hard on my eyes.

I also have an old back injury from my football playing days in high school. I have a slightly compresses disk in my lower back and it still gets aggravated to this day if I do too much stuff involving my back.

Mental things.....like I have no idea. After battling my own depression I don't know if I have too much. (By the way that was never diagnosed, i just managed to work through it, but i do believe that is what it was.) I don't think I am autistic in anyway, that I know of anyway. I can just be very absent minded from time to time, unless it is something I am very invested in. ( Which can get to a point where I just phase people out and forget they are talking to me or just not even notice them completely.)

I think I might have a minor case of hypotension (low blood pressure) because I get light headed and dizzy every time I get up, and I've had a couple instances of blacking out, but I don't worry about it that much, because, as I've said, it seems pretty minor. I'm also allergic to grass (it only makes me itchy, but it still counts :P ) and grassholes.

Physical stuff aside, it's possible I have minor asperger syndrome. I only recently found out, that when someone asks 'how are you' its common sense to ask the same thing back, so yeah... I was kind of wondering why they would pause for a while after I'd reply 'good'... It's just that it didn't make sense to me to ask it if they seemed perfectly well enough to ask me. I guess that has aspies written all over it.

Edited by Tenshine

I'm bipolar for one; I have extreme anxiety and I've had speech problems the past couple of years. I have inherited back problems from my mom's side of my family, and bad eyes from my dad. I'm physically weak (except for dem legs) and I have chronic migranes.

My torso is twisted, which is actually sapping my strength from me, and it doesn't do any physical damage just discomfort and making me weaker for lacrosse. For a mental side, I'm not sure, I went through a shit ton of stress a couple years ago, which ended up manifesting itself as physical symptoms. I lack self-confidence in certain things, even when I know I'm good at them.

Nothing, nothing at all. We're perfectly and entirely sane

Yeah, no, I've got something going on in my head for certain, no clue what, seeing a psychiatrist lately :/

She's not all there, that's for shore, and also has this thing where I go and talk like I'm two people, bugs the hell outta me, especially since I have absolutely no idea it it's happening until after she's done it (EDIT: AHH. Case and pojnt <_< )

I also may possibubbly have scoliosis, so yeah

And my grandfather is schizophrenic, but we're not as far as I know

Oh, and I'm terrified of bugs

Such yes, TPAM, at least I'm not alone

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Nothing, nothing at all. We're perfectly and entirely sane

Yeah, no, I've got something going on in my head for certain, no clue what, seeing a psychiatrist lately :/

She's not all there, that's for shore, and also has this thing where I go and talk like I'm two people, bugs the hell outta me, especially since I have absolutely no idea it it's happening until after she's done it (EDIT: AHH. Case and pojnt <_< )

I also may possibubbly have scoliosis, so yeah

And my grandfather is schizophrenic, but we're not as far as I know

Oh, and I'm terrified of bugs

Such yes, TPAM, at least I'm not alone

So a caterpie would scare the shit out of you?

Hmm. Interesting topic. Kinda cool how messed up we all are. :)

I have severe depression, I have to take 5 pills a day and see a psychiatrist because I managed to land myself in a psyche ward. It's pretty much under control now though. My doctor also thinks I have Attention Deficit, which I don't really doubt. He wants to put me on meds, but I'm taking so many already so he isn't sure yet...idk...

Other than that I'm normal! If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is Asperger's Syndrome?

well i do have the whole depression thing going on

and the anxiety thing

and the whole quick temper

and a couple bones in my feet grow together every couple of years

and the whole spinal syrinx

and ive had trouble making friends ever since i moved in with my dad

and the worst issue of all is that i really find no enjoyment in anything whatsoever and if i try to enjoy something i just get shut down or whatever it is ceases to exist or i fuck something up

• Depression + Anxiety Disorder

ADD (grew outta the H part)

High Blood pressure

Hypothyroidism

Fear of driving (I blame Driver's ed, and all those drunk driving incident pictures they crammed into our faces.)

Breast cancer in family history, can't wait for that.

My bowels are fucked up (too much info?)

So a caterpie would scare the shit out of you?

Nope, ironically, Bug types are some of my favorites

I'm also apparently an apethetic monster according to some people on another forum I'm on, so yay

Hmm. Interesting topic. Kinda cool how messed up we all are. :)

I have severe depression, I have to take 5 pills a day and see a psychiatrist because I managed to land myself in a psyche ward. It's pretty much under control now though. My doctor also thinks I have Attention Deficit, which I don't really doubt. He wants to put me on meds, but I'm taking so many already so he isn't sure yet...idk...

Other than that I'm normal! If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is Asperger's Syndrome?

Bascially I'm socially retarded and have some sensory processing issues, but have extraordinary focus and an enhanced ability to recognize patterns.

lol

oh yes this thread's subject matter is hilarious.

Edited by KingMurdoc

Err, where should i begin...

1) I was born with Jaundice *life threatening fact #1*

2) As a toddler I grew up with 56-54 degree Celsius fevers annually till i was 9 *life threatening fact #2*

3) I was hit by a metal object once on my forehead and had stitches for it (only 4 stitches though, but the metal pole was rusty and i was lucky i didn't get metal poisoning) *life threatening fact #3*

Nothing much after that though... had childhood asthma and now suffer from extreme nose sensitivity which blocks 50% of my nasal canal if i breathe in fur/dust/possibly pollen? (idk, we dont have seasons from where i live). In short... perhaps it may not be as bad as asthma, its still very discomforting plus i can't breathe well when it does happen...

Also, probably because of the fevers, I'm shorter than most of my age. >> (Yey for loli meee)

Edited by Reeveelution

For whoever it was that asked Asperger's is a type of Autism. However it is a High Functioning Autism. It mostly has to do with Social Problems (quite a bit of possiblities there, so there is no real Definitive symptoms). What this means is that unlike other forms of Autism, they are completely able to take care of themselves, and are very intelligent, however they tend to not be the best with societal things, or people. One thing that is typical (though not all of them are this way.) is that if they don't understand something significance (socially usually) they think it is stupid or pointless. My Little Brother most likely has it, so I know a bit about it.

(Don't quote me 100% please, I made a few generalizations, and stuff to make it a bit easier to understand, since there really is no 100% list of things that are Asperger's.)

• Administrators

If I had to guess, he's not actually saying it's funny at all. The lack of context seems to imply it's more of a bittersweet "where should I start" thing, or at least that's would it would be if I did something like that... idk I don't want to assume, but I think he'd be one of the last people to actually laugh at this sort of thing.

Also sorry I don't have anything to contribute; all of my issues are really just minor things not worth mentioning alongside these actually serious things

the single acronym was delivered in a deadpan tone not meant to be read as amused. frankly it's upsetting but I guess that makes a lot of sense considering.

If I had to guess, he's not actually saying it's funny at all. The lack of context seems to imply it's more of a bittersweet "where should I start" thing, or at least that's would it would be if I did something like that... idk I don't want to assume, but I think he'd be one of the last people to actually laugh at this sort of thing.

not that i have any intention of contributing.

For whoever it was that asked Asperger's is a type of Autism. However it is a High Functioning Autism. It mostly has to do with Social Problems (quite a bit of possiblities there, so there is no real Definitive symptoms). What this means is that unlike other forms of Autism, they are completely able to take care of themselves, and are very intelligent, however they tend to not be the best with societal things, or people. One thing that is typical (though not all of them are this way.) is that if they don't understand something significance (socially usually) they think it is stupid or pointless. My Little Brother most likely has it, so I know a bit about it.

(Don't quote me 100% please, I made a few generalizations, and stuff to make it a bit easier to understand, since there really is no 100% list of things that are Asperger's.)

If you've got a question, chances are I can answer it. The thing about Aspies being completely able to take care of themselves isn't entirely true; someone with Asperger's doesn't mature as quickly as someone who is neurotypically in a lot of areas, so some end up living with their parents for a long time.

Key word there is some. I have a friend who's baby brother is like 4-5 or s/t and is incredibly smart for his age, he just doesn't eve talk to people so it wasn't discovered until recently. Asperger's is very interesting to me tbh