The end of Pokégen

Sapphire

So, Nintendo has announced that in a couple of months, all the DS games will lose their Wi-Fi capabilities. This means that the final loophole in XY will be closed. No more cheating!

Items can't go through Pokébank anyway...But yeah, I agree. Should've been done before the release of XY. Still, better late than never.

Edited by Secundum

Oh, and don't forget that they'll get around to hacking the 3DS and just sending 'em directly over to X/Y. It seems pretty pointless as a way to stop hacks imeoo. If it were putting major strain on their servers or something, then it'd make sense. But hacks? It's just a temporary solution

No it doesn't.

Pokegen is hosted on a completely separate server from the Nintendo Wifi System.

It can only do one thing, creation of pokemon, but I think that hardly matters.

The DS/i will still be able to attempt to connect to the internet, and if they have the correct settings such as DNS gateways and what not, they can still connect to these separate, independantly ran servers.

------------------------

This whole thing about the DS/Wii Wifi shutdown sparked a lot of outrage from me, mostly because I won't be able to play MKWii or SSBB over wifi. I have already found some private domains that will continue to run these independant wifi servers. People have done this kind of thing in the past, and I know the some of the folks who run Project M are planning something like this in response.

Except that the 3DS can't be hacked. Every single one of the companies that makes action replay style devices has given up and said they aren't going to try anymore.

Bibarel-why?

Except that the 3DS can't be hacked. Every single one of the companies that makes action replay style devices has given up and said they aren't going to try anymore.

Bibarel-why?

if it can't be hacked how do we know about dianciee and the others?

The guy spent $5000 fully hacking the 3DS. He basically rebuilt the console from scratch, and even then only got the very crudest hacks. Also, Diance was officially revealed.

By 'can't be hacked', I mean that the average person won't be able to hack it at all.

Edited by Secundum

Not shore if I said this already, Pokecheck has hacked the 3DS, so it is clearly possibubble

And it all depends on how exacvtly they intend to disable the funcionality, I should hope that it at the very least takes out hacking for a little while, then it won't all be for naught

It was up on their features and news a week or two ago. And currently they intend to launch by the end of the month (Lol, quote from Hozu ten minutes ago when someone mentioned that they would be done tomorrow in the chat: "Yes, because plans always go through 100% of the time. Just like Duke Nukem Forever." In other words, they're not there yet)

AFter inquiring, that won't let you make hacked Pokémon, that just makes it so you can check 'is X pokemon legal in gen 6'

No, of course not, that wasn't my point. My point was that it has been done, so it is clearly very possibubble

Oh, and you could upload .pkm files and transfer those up, when they get that working. Though there's always the ribbon of course (though that isn't added if you just transfer, so...)

The 3ds can be hacked however the system will detect it and you can't use that game for trades and online battles (that's why the people who discovered diancee can't actually use it for trading or anything). Whereas the only loophole was if you make a very good hacked pokemon (with the right ID and everything) on the DS and traded it over to 3ds the system will think it's legit.

Bibarel-why?

Wow. Dat late response of me. My parents say that Pokémon and 3DS are childish, and they tell me to grow up. Also, I do think people will eventually be able to hack 3DS. When DS first came out, people also thought they were never going to be able to hack it.

...Um...No. No it;s not. 3-4, and 4-5 don;t use Wifi at all, and 5-6 uses the 3DS wifi server, so it works fine.