Hidden Library 4 and Paragon Route Fix?

Hello, during my first playthrough, I encountered Karen in Sashilla which started HL4, but I didn't finish it until AFTER the Paragon Route and chose to spare her. Paragon defaulted to the Karen is Dead route for Legendary Beast (the one with just Alexandra) so I might have messed up my file due to the paths not matching. I copied my file from before I did the Crescent fight but I don't feel like redoing 30 hours of Paragon + sidequests.

A friend told me I could fix it by going into debug and changing the variables to make my route match (like the game thinking I did Karen's version of Legendary Beast in Paragon or I killed Karen in HL4), would it be possible and if so how would I do it? 

ok took me a while to check them, but in hl4, intervening so karen lives switches on the switch 1278, finishing the quest in general sets the variable 590 to 12, thats what your stuff looks like right now since you did the quest after finishing paragon.

now, for karma files, the variable for the main story itself should be fine. the beasts variables (761, 762, 763) for karen alive route are set to 4 after finishing it, and the variable DOTW (769, no idea what it means) to 7
that might not be all but its what i got by checking with rmxp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glitchedcat said:

ok took me a while to check them, but in hl4, intervening so karen lives switches on the switch 1278, finishing the quest in general sets the variable 590 to 12, thats what your stuff looks like right now since you did the quest after finishing paragon.

now, for karma files, the variable for the main story itself should be fine. the beasts variables (761, 762, 763) for karen alive route are set to 4 after finishing it, and the variable DOTW (769, no idea what it means) to 7
that might not be all but its what i got by checking with rmxp

I'll try it, Thank You