Who's your 6th gen starter?

Naphiro

I went with Froakie. I always pick the water starters, and Greninja fills a spot in my party that I seldom have filled in the first place. I have a lot of tanky and stall types usually, with my taste being Posion Type. Not only that, but having a Dark/Water pokémon is a boon. Greninja can dish out a hell of a lot of damage, and you will seldom encounter something faster.

I've chosen the Water starters for a VERY long time, so I went with Froakie. But because my first ever Pokemon was a Bulbasaur, I then chose Bulbasaur at Sycamore's lab =) Then having the Torchic rounded off the types perfectly

Because Protean is an awesome ability from what I can tell(never actually played with it before).

Protean is amazing. In fact, Protean is the "reason" why people use Greninja in higher tiers...

EDIT: Greninja Speed and Sp.Atk "helps", but Protean makes him a lot better...

Edited by Vinny953

Whatever you do don't pick a water starter because you won't win against Zel

Only if you train all pokemon till level 35

Speak for yourself. I always choose Totodile. The rest of my team is more than balanced enough to handle him/her/it.

I plan to pick Froakie in anticipation that Protean will be fixed in v.11. Because Protean is an awesome ability from what I can tell(never actually played with it before).

Protean is amazing. In fact, Protean is the "reason" why people use Greninja in higher tiers...

EDIT: Greninja Speed and Sp.Atk "helps", but Protean makes him a lot better...

Remember that Greninja is highly capable of going physical too as shown by this Greninja sweep