Recording method

Hero_Azure

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there was something specific I need to do in order to record this game. I have both Fraps and Camstudio, when trying to record with fraps it doesn't start recording. I've tested it on other games and whatnot and it works perfectly normal. Camstudio on the other hand doesn't seem to pick up the audio from it. Does anyone know anything?

Hey there.

As much as I'd love to help you solve your recording problem, I am unable to since I am not on my own PC at the moment. However, I will share with you what I know about one of the video recording software that you are using. Fraps. It is a very well-known recording software and is used quite frequently, however that doesn't mean it is the best out there. It has its share of flaws. Yes, Fraps will record just about anything you need and it can do so in a decent quality, however it is using a very ancient video codec from what I've been told. And due to this ancient codec, the compression of your recordings may be HUGE. I remember recording something roughly for 10 mins, and I ended up with 4 GB file. I personally would recommend using Action! by Mirillis. Much better compression!

• 3 months later...

I'm having almost the same problem, I've tried a couple different recording softwares but no matter what I use it won't record any game audio (I'm also on a MAC) if you get anywhere let me know