Simple Desolation Difficulty Mod

PixelMods

I added a simple difficulty mod to Pokemon Desolation.

It allows you to customize the IV and EV spreads of opponent trainer Pokemon.

Note: I haven't tested that the overwrite stuff works properly yet, since in my playthrough I'm not at a place with any story battles at the moment. I'll update this next time I hit a story battle.

From the README

Credits: Me, Pixel

Synopsis: Allows you to customize IV and EV distributions for opponent trainers.

How to use: After installing, open the file "simpleDifficultyMod.rb" up in a text editor. 
You can edit the $customIV, $customEV, $customSpread, and $customMinimum variables.
Each of these options have descriptions explaining what they do.
Their defaults are
$customIV = 31, $customEV = 85, $customSpread = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0], and $customMinimum = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]

Additionally, there are options to choose whose EVs to overwrite.
You can choose to overwrite EVs for all trainers, or only trainers that don't have set EVs (gym leaders, gang leaders, rivals, etc.).
By default it only overwrites EVs for trainers that don't have listed EVs.
I suggest, if you want to enhance difficulty using flat EVs, you overwrite all trainers at first, but once you get somewhere between Rosetta and Garret I suggest you turn partial overwrite on instead.

If the instructions for the override settings are confusing, here is a simplification.

$Override = true => EV customizations for all trainers

$Override = false, $partialOverride = true => EV customizations for trainers that don't already have EVs given to them. This means gym leaders, gang leaders, rivals, etc. keep their vanilla EVs.

$Override = false, $partialOverride = false => EV customizations are disabled for all trainers

Do note: You need to edit the file directly using a text editor, there is no in-game changing of the settings.

Installation: Just put it in your Desolation folder then unzip.

Editing Settings: Go to your desolation folder, then to Data, then to Mods, then open simpleDifficultyMod.rb (the .rb might be hidden depending on your file explorer settings) using any text editor. Make sure to save before opening your game.

Inspect Mod Google Drive Download - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-j3470qbwbbojLhlDWSMrA5b67bgSd-L?usp=drive_link

My Other Pokemon Desolation Mods: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rVk898sRkSjeIVNncvJEwWHQdNvA6p5F?usp=sharing

Simple Desolation Difficulty Mod.zip

Edited by PixelMods
Clarified override rules