What do you think about back sprites in 10.5?

ghkdkd

Well, sprites have been updated to Gen 5 style right? I (personally) like the sprites this way, cuz you can see the entire pokemon 99% of time (Although i'm pretty sure you can change the back sprites if you take just the 1st - 4th gen pokemon back sprites from episode 10 and put in place of the new ones...)

Off topic: I have to say though, the characters back sprite have a major flaw: ... They don't have bags, where do they carry their stuff? ^^

I think the change was necessary, but to be honest, I don't really care about what the sprites look like that much. I (and I'm sure everyone else too) play reborn for the story, creativity and you know, pure awesomeness. Besides, I think I spend more time staring at the text than the sprites. I always brace myself for them critical hits... so yeah, as long as the sprites aren't colorless, or look like the original red and blue sprites, I'm satisfied.

Edited by Tenshine

I liked the old sprites better. The Pokémon look so tiny now; did they really look so small in the newer games? But I'm sure I'll get used to it, as the newer Pokémon clearly don't have any old style sprites, it was a necessary change. The male and female symbols actually bother me more; look at them, they're huge! The female one even seems to partially overlap the health bar. It seems off. I'm being kind of nitpicky here though, I know.

It is possible to make X/Y style sprites. Here's a website which has many front sprites and back sprites.

In addition, a cracker named Smealum has discovered how to export the models and textures of X/Y into Blender and seems to be working on a converter for the models so that you can get them yourself. He has also posted pictures of shiny Zygarde and Xerneas, their colour schemes at least.

fq032B5.gifWi4SqvO.gif

• Administrators

I liked the old sprites better. The Pokémon look so tiny now; did they really look so small in the newer games? But I'm sure I'll get used to it, as the newer Pokémon clearly don't have any old style sprites, it was a necessary change. The male and female symbols actually bother me more; look at them, they're huge! The female one even seems to partially overlap the health bar. It seems off. I'm being kind of nitpicky here though, I know.

The symbols only appear that way because the fonts haven't been installed on whatever computer is playing that

It is possible to make X/Y style sprites. Here's a website which has many front sprites and back sprites.

In addition, a cracker named Smealum has discovered how to export the models and textures of X/Y into Blender and seems to be working on a converter for the models so that you can get them yourself. He has also posted pictures of shiny Zygarde and Xerneas, their colour schemes at least.

fq032B5.gifWi4SqvO.gif

I dunno about the Smealum guy, but the images on that site are not sprites; they're 3d render models. They won't be usable for our purposes.

If the game supports .gifs you can get the files online. But I doubt there's any for gen 6, and I don't think the game used .gifs for animations.

actually im looking for the old animated sprites downloadable from this site before. anyonestill has it?

It's not an argument. It's just clarification.

I mean, calling it an argument seems kind of... pessimistic.

EDIT: PokeAimMD calls them sprites. Vindication! Here's a link to a video of a Pokemon simulator using that kind of sprite. It looks okay, and even better it probably means someone's assembled one for every Pokemon.

Edited by RumbleTTT