My plan for facing the 3rd gym

Feareth

First off i must say I'm not a person that normally plays these things out im used to gamefreak games and just playing with straight overpowered pokemon using the same move over and over to wipe out teams so if i say anything newbish please correct me because i have not been very strategic with pokemon so im going by only having some knowledge of what I'm doing.

Alright so i have 2 pokemon i know for sure I will be using against third gym one is my Mawile hes not affected by poison due to being a steel type but i do have a question due to the fact its now a fairy secondary will that mess up the plan also i have spoink which i plan on having magic coat going from the description of the move it reflects back moves that affect or damage status the only flaw is i don't know how long this lasts is it only a one turn thing like protect? it will also have confuse ray and psychic attacks to have super effective damage (yeah i dont have ralts/kirlia havent figured out how to get it then again havent looked around XD) im here playing this to challenge my self also i know he will have a Crobat my Mawile will have charge beam to hit that super effective to take it down. Yeah these are the two main pokemon ill be using for the fight as to the type advantages. The guy also has a croagunk for which i have my tranquil which its tempting to evolve it before i face the leader. Mawile can counter haunter with its dark type moves. Have no idea how to take out Skunktank with any easy i dont have any pokemon with ground type moves only thing i can come up with is just use raw power against it.

Looking for any tips and if you see any flaws in this please point them out :)

Ok first thing: having only 2 "main" (i assume well trained) pokemon against a gym leader it's not a good idea, now you say it's the third one so how did you beat Florinia with those two? Hmm well in any case it'll be better if you train 2 more, one of them can be a phanpy (you can find them outside the gym) if (like you said) you don't have a ground type. Magic coat is active while your pokemon is alive (it's not turn based) and Mawile is immune to poison moves yes.

Ok first thing: having only 2 "main" (i assume well trained) pokemon against a gym leader it's not a good idea, now you say it's the third one so how did you beat Florinia with those two? Hmm well in any case it'll be better if you train 2 more, one of them can be a phanpy (you can find them outside the gym) if (like you said) you don't have a ground type. Magic coat is active while your pokemon is alive (it's not turn based) and Mawile is immune to poison moves yes.

They are the two type advantage pokemon i have against poison they are not the two main pokemon i use i have Hariyama, Quilava, Tranquil, as well as a finneon,growlithe, and gloom and how did i beat florinia i got lucky with sleep powder on cradily and vital throwing it with makuhita.

it's in the grass but very difficult to find (like 5% if i remember correctly).

Yeah i was grinding my spoink up i find meowth all the time and spearows who use ariel ace and cause my pokemon to glitch and be invisible and they wont do their attacks

Sooo my plan worked out well :3 was using the leaders team to level up my pokemon and i happened to down him XD he used all his super potions except for one on trubbish he then used his last one on skunktank downed skunk he sent out crobat i sent out spoink used psybeam it took it to half got fainted used mawile to take it to red got fainted then quilava hit him all the way down then just used my growlitheon grimer and my tranquill took out haunter XD wasnt expecting to win i just was trying to get spoink to evolve but in the proccess i won haha

Edited by Feareth

Prior to 10.5 (I believe) Mawile could be caught in the Railnet

Yeah, but in the part of level 2-5 of the railnet? Wasn't it in the last part of it, where you need to move the rails to open the door?

Edited by Hinaru-Sama

Yeah, but in the part of level 2-5 of the railnet? Wasn't it in the last part of it, where you need to move the rails to open the door?

Actually is was in the very start of it, on the area where the Vulpix event takes place now (And around the rock smash/strength area...)

The Arbok should be your biggest asset against Florinia. Don't think she's not prepared for fire types. Her Cradily is a THREAT.

Her Cradily however doesn't pose a threat to water types surprisingly since it does not have a grass move.