Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Third ability breeding

Bear

Question

I know there used to be a bug that prevented poke's from being bred with their 3rd ability, Couldn't find a recent post about it and was wondering if its been fixed?

Example/current predicament: Male swanna with Roost and Brave bird breeds with prankster Murkrow. As murkrow has already got Insomnia and super (which i have about 20 babies with) can it be hatched with prankster?

Edit: just after i post this on egg #21 I got that prankster murkrow! just bad luck.

Edited by Bear

8 answers to this question

I would just check the announcement ame put out when she uploaded 10.5 and check the list of changes but I don't think breeding mechanics were announced to be changed. Could be wrong worth a dig though

yeah 5 eggs is a small sample size but I just couldn't believe my luck by egg #21.

Small sample, yes. But it was just an example.

For me to get a Shell Armor Torkoal... well, You wouldn't believe how many eggs I had to hatch to get one. (More than 50)

Nah. It's just the idea of luck. It always tries to evade you when you want a particular thing, and just when you give up it appears and irritates you to the point of throwing glass cups into walls. Believe me, I know that feeling. I was trying to get a female Combee, a Natural Cure Budew with Extrasensory (I spent about 20 eggs breeding Roselias without realising x.x), and a Speed Boost Yanma with a nature that increased Special Attack.

It took me at least 20 Budews to get a Natural Cure one, and even then it was shit in terms of nature and IVs. I went with Poison Point Budew in the end.

I STILL haven't gotten a female Combee. And I've hatched about 30 or so eggs. Im glad I've finished the episode. >>

Speed Boost Yanma has appeared already, but the most common nature was ADAMANT. I mean. WOW. Adamant. fuck dis shit, you know? D: (I'm still trying...)