I'm new to this!

Smithy

So um... I really like pokemon reborn and it's community so I was planning on giving competitive battling a try. Problem is that even though I played every single pokemon game I have never, emphasis on the never tried battling competitive before. For example what exactly does OU mean? Actually I'm not even sure this is the right forum to post this on but if somebody could give me some pointers they'd be greatly appreciated! ^^

Edited by Smithy

OU is a tier, it means overused , the teams go this way (and i'm talking about smogon's rules)

ubers

OU

UU

RU

NU

you can use pokemon that belong to a lower tier in a higher one, but you can't do the reverse, so you can use a pokemon belonging to NU in OU, but you can't use a pokemon that belongs to UU in NU

and there are usually some clauses that restrict unfair strategies in the tiers, for example, in OU there's a sleep clause, wich only allows you to put one enemy pokemon to sleep at a time, the 1 hit KO clause, wich doesnt let you use moves like fissure, the species clause wich doesnt let you use repeated pokemon and such

i could tell you more stuff >.> but i think it's diferent here in reborn.... i'll let them teach you