Pokemon Throughout Human History

Arkhi

So I was thinking about the Kanto war and all that stuff. Dunno why, but I was thinking "What if Pokemon were real throughout our real history?"
For example, would scientists have created hot air balloons before discovering Drifloon/Drifblim?
Pretty interesting theoretical stuff. What if we had these adorable and lethal creatures in times of civil war, global depression, and possible nuclear fallout?
Anyway, just some pretty neat food for thought

Nuclear fallout is where I WOULDN'T want Pokemon. Can you imagine them mutating into something worse?

On the more serious part of the topic: It's likely we'd NOT have created them before. In the Anime and the Manga, it shows just how closely the Pokemon world functions to Pokemon. They used them as a guide for culture AND technology. Not to mention the jobs Pokemon create (Rangers FTW) in their world. If we'd had Pokemon, we'd likely not have needed guns, however. War would have been fought just like in Pokemon Conquest and the tales: With Pokemon and Humans battling one another to the death. Guns exist in the manga and anime, but you don't see them in wide-production for the simple reason Pokemon are destructive enough. Voltorb (in both Reborn and the manga) are used for bombs, which could easily work with Machamp to become a grenade launcher. Could you imagine Machamp throwing 200mph fast-bombs?

Pokemon in real history would have made things cooler in peace times, but global wars? No thanks. I can't even think of how much problems global depressions would cause. All the Miltanks would die for our poor choices so we could live. Not to mention Bouffalant would be endangered.

Then it would be like the manga and anime combined. Sure, everything will have it's awesome and not so cool moments, but at the same time many bad things would happen if pokemon are used to do bad stuff, and it would reveal that everything would be just like our real world: The world would show that not everything has a ''happy face'' all the time. Like terrorism for example, how would that be, compared to now and if it had pokemon. Hyper Beam all over the cities and not to mention the casualties... Now imagine if we put here the Creepypastas... Hypnos stealing childs, people getting eaten by creepy pokemon, fucking ghosts scarying the shit out of people... I'll be terrified as fuck for Ghosts if I'm alone at night.

Edited by Arom

THat and many Pokemon have insane things mentioned about them in their dex entries. In real life these things would be terrifying.........cause it would be much to easy to use them for nefarious purposes, I don't even mean just Legendaries either. Like examples above, and quite a few more. Like Ryperior are basically living artillery if you read their dex entry, while they are only mentioned shooting rocks I am sure people would engineer something to make it capable to shoot much deadlier payloads. So I think if Pokemon were in our actual world it might actually make it worse lol. They are super-powerful beings, that could easily be used for wanton destruction. Glad Most of the Evil Teams in the games are pretty Mild for what they could be.

if pokemon was real Hitler would had created Mewtwo. IF pokemon is such a childs game, whats up with the crazy dex entries. Also that whole porygon episode sending kids to the hospital. I think pokemon joined the iluminati. Thats the only thing I can think of.

Not to mention ghost type Pokemon are usually the ghosts of humans. Imagine CATCHING the ghost of a human. Curses coming right atcha. But imagine if we had their technology, like fossil restoration, potions and the like. Not to mention their transportation and pokeballs. That would be awesome, but of course there are too many negatives for me to be bothered mentioning.

If pokemon were real, people would be a lot tougher from a long history of prey-predator relationship that goes both ways between people and pokemon. People would have gear that would allow them to battle against pokemon and hold their own. Probably made from dragon scales and metal plates from deceased pokemon.

oh god... the greed, i can imagine armies looking for the legendaries... not that a kid could stop them...

i think the world would be chaotic,

but on the other hand technology would be more advanced, we'd have proof of aliensand we could probably be living in other planets and such, if we lived long enough before killing each other that is

If pokemon were real, people would be a lot tougher from a long history of prey-predator relationship that goes both ways between people and pokemon. People would have gear that would allow them to battle against pokemon and hold their own. Probably made from dragon scales and metal plates from deceased pokemon.

That's what I was thinking: comparing humans' "level", assuming there even would be one (discounting Ash from obviously being lvl 500+ from all these near-death experiences), to the Pokemon's. Or humans would be dead because we don't have special powers

We could always have ended up slaves to psychic type overlords who hypnotize or enter the mind directly. Just think about it. Our opposable thumbs would make us valuable as slaves as technicians and stuff. 5k IQ scoring Alazakam could figure out some uses for its meat puppets. ._.

Yeah, apart from our huge numbers, if Pokemon were present in our world, something like Alakazam would probably be the dominate species. Unless we strike when they are just abra or Kadabra to prevent them from turning against us, but 5k IQ is too huge to reckon with. Crazy exaggerated Pokemon...

Edited by Tenshine