Completing the PokeDex while on Renegade Route

vampirevulpix

Hello everyone!

How does one complete the PokeDex while on Renegade Route?? Certain Pokemon are tied to Side Quests (Mareep, Froakie, etc), which will net you Karma if you complete them?

Asking bc I've just done the Lighthouse Side Quest without cashing in rewards so I won't get Karma and instead stay on the Renegade Route. But now Zumi wants to see a Mareep, which, iirc, is only available after cashing in the rewards at the counter, right? So...yeah, no way to get a Mareep, is there?

If the issue with the Mareep is true for other Pokemon (like Froakie), how many Pokemon will be available while on Renegade Route?

Completing quests will indeed net you karma, but karma alone is only one of three factors which contributes to the variable necessary to reach the Renegade Route (along with Relationship Points and Key Choices). In theory, you could max out your karma and still get Renegade Route, provided you get sufficient Bad Ending points from the other two. However, you might cut it close if you do too many quests or are not as efficient in the other two categories. Regardless, I don't think you'll run into much trouble if you're only completing the ones that grant you pokemon.

There's a point where un unmistakably have the choice to enter the Renegade route, after which there's no going back. You could wait until then and start doing side quests right after that, but it will probably have consequences later on:

Spoiler

Renegade MC is supposed to destroy all life in the world, including themselves, starting to randomly help everyone is too out of character, but I guess doing a couple quest for a specific pokémon or mega should be fine.