Tell me about your Favorite Anime or Manga

(If someone already made a post like this i'm sorry)

So can you tell me your favorite Anime or Manga you can have a top 5 top 10 with just the names and some tags to specify what genre it is, or you can have just one and tell a little about it i am just interested to see what type of manga's or Anime's people like here and help people find others with the same interest.

My favorite Anime is One piece because it was the one that introduced me to animes and it just hold a special place for me and favorite manga must be hajime no ippo its a boxing manga and normaly i dont like sports manga's but there is something about this one the characters feel so alive and so real and you can really feel the struggles they have to face to improve themselfs for the upcoming fights and i just started reading for the heck of it cause i was bored and wanted something to read and just really liked the main character from the begining and for you anime lovers dat dont read manga but still want a taste of it it also has a anime it eves has 3 for some reason everytime they start a new season they give it a new name so i dont know whats up with that but hey i like other stuff i am reading right now is: Bleach, Ao No Excorcist, Toriko, Hunter x Hunter, D.Gray-Man and thats about it so if you would please leave a comment with your favorites.

so as per usual i leave with gary oak siging off

post-45752-0-97313900-1388773684_thumb.gif

Anime:

Blue Exorcist( or Ao No Exorcist as some may prefer to call it)

Soul Eater

Magi

Attack on Titan

HunterxHunter(Recent watch but it was really good and enough to take over the previous anime which was Naruto, and I don't really watch the anime anymore so there's no need for it to be on this list anyway.)

Manga:

Blue Exorcist

Soul Eater

Naruto

One Piece

Magi

Honorable mentions are FMAB, Angel Beats, Accel World, and Bakuman for anime. And Bakuman as well as History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi for manga. There's probably more but I'm tired and can't really think of all the things I've watched and read. So this is more of what is most memorable to me in order list than favorites. All though Blue Exorcist really is my favorite in both categories.

The title of favorite animé for me has to go towards Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica and Durarara. They're all fucking brilliant, IMO.

As for manga, I don't possess too much of it, but I've gained some definite loves and those are Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Pandora Hearts and No. 6.

Holy shit, No. 6. If you like your manga slightly futuristic-tinged with well-developed characters and don't mind a bit of homo, then I would fucking heartily recommend it.

Oh boy, how should I do this?

Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds (yes it counts, as it was also produced by Nippon Animation)

FLCL

Soul Eater

One Piece

Space Dandy is about to join this list too

Lucky Star

Sword Art Online

No. 6

IGPX

I think that's all.

Edited by Magikarpkiller

for anime:

Madoka - I'm a huge fan of tragedies, and Madoka pulls it off so well!

Cowboy Bebop - Probably my favorite set of characters I've seen in an anime.

Tamako Market - I really enjoy the slice of Life genre and Tamako's is at the top of my list. (Can't Wait for the film^^)

Spice and Wolf - Currently reading the Manga and found interest in the anime and It was truly beautiful.

Baccano! - probably my favorite story out of most animes I've watched.

For Manga:

Attack on Titan - The anime was amazing but I couldn't hold myself back when it ended so I had to read the manga which I caught up to in a matter of hours.

Spice and wolf - Started reading around its release, it claims to still be ongoing but I've waited years for a new chapter to be released.

Negima! magister negi magi - I was looking for a magical genre and found this little gem. though it's filled with a lot of fan service it had it's moments that stood out and is probably the biggest set of manga volumes I own.

Black Butler - Something about Victorian London always has my interest for some reason.

A town where you live - Not exactly sure why this is here because It's been at more than 3 years since I last read it and haven't bothered to catch up since, but I do recall getting emotional over some parts in it, then again I was only 15 at the time so I could just be overreacting.

Honorable mentions - UQ holder (sequel to negima), To Love-ru, (what got me into reading manga when the series was first released, haven't caught up with the series), My Balls (A wierd manga I read when I was younger and thought it deserves some attention xD)

BONUS

these didn't make it to the favorite anime list because I haven't finished watching them. but I did play the Visual Novels and thus would recommend you watch the anime adaption of the following:

Steins;Gate, Clannad and Clannad after story, AIR, Little Busters, Ef: a Tale of Memories, and Kanon(2006 version).

Don't hold me to this list because for all I know the show would try and pull what school days did and pair the main protagonist with every female character in the show. but most of these from what I hear are pretty good!

Animu:

Golden Boy

Gunsmith Cats

Azumanga Daioh

Black Lagoon

Haruhi Suzumiya series

Maid Sama

Highschool of The Dead (because of that matrix boobs scene, epic lulz)

Mango:

Pokemon Adventures

...that's all, I don't read mangos.

that's all I have as of now, list is subject to change in the future.

Edited by garchomp550

I actually recently just caught up to One Piece today.=) Lets see, my list is (in no specific order):

Anime

1: Hitman Reborn: I loved the comedy alot & really loved the action to, plus all the characters are so enjoyable.=)

2: Hunter X Hunter (2011 version): After playing & trolling around with Gon in Jump Ultimate Stars I wanted to see his anime, so I checked it out & loving every bit of it.

3: Bleach: I keep up with the manga now, but even though there's still a ton of filler episodes, I still love watching it, cause filler really doesn't bother me.

4: Gurren Laggan: I didn't really care too much for Mech anime's after seeing Gundam Wing as a kid.....that was until I saw Laggan & it got me into mech anime's now.~

5: Sailor Moon: My VERY first anime I ever saw, love this alot. I still watch it over again from time to time.

6: One Piece: Oh god what a journey. Saw 100 episodes per week basically & just loved the action, adventure, & characters. So addictive to watch.

7: Fairy Tail: Same would go for One Piece.

8: Toriko: Never watch this when hungry. As a big fan of food this was too good to watch.XD

9: Inferno Cop: This.......I have no idea why I love this so much. Just....wow, a great show to watch indeed. Watching the entire series only takes an hour. lol.

10: Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: This was great to see if you just adore mindless violence.

Manga:

1: Negima: I own alot of the volumes, very good series to read, just maybe not to watch. lol.

2: Magi the Labrynth of Magic: This could pass as a Fairy Tail clone imo, & I even watched the anime to. All in all, great series to be sure.=)

3: Pokemon Adventures: Why isn't this an anime yet? Its so good!

4: Bleach: Again been keeping up with the manga, I'm kinda sad its on its last arc.;-;

5: Fairy Tail: The magic & adventure is very fun to watch/read.=)

Currently watching:

Nobunagun: Only 1 episode is out so far & I decided to watch it randomly. It looks to be a great anime.

Kill la Kill: A very fast paced anime with great action & a great story to.

Beelzebub: Decided to try it out after seeing Oga revealed for "J Stars Victory Vs".

Code Geass: Need to watch it over again. I got hooked on it from seeing it on TV when I lost internet back then. Sadly I didn't get to see every episode.

Honorable Mentions:

Guilty Crown: I'm kinda suprised its not more popular than what it really is. This anime really deserves more attention imo. The feels....

Attack on Titan: Although I do like the series, the very first episode scared the hell out of me.>.< I was about to stop watching, but then I kept going & eventually I finally started to like it.

Sword Art Online: Really good anime. I can't wait for the 3rd part.=3

DBZ: A childhood favorite of mine, it really got me into anime. As much as I like it, there are just alot of other anime that are so much better.

Naruto: I do own every volume of it before Shippuden. The only real beef I have with it is all the pointless flashbacks, I mean my god its rediculous of how many flashbacks occur in this series.

Needless: Really enjoyed this anime alot, the action & comedy kept me hooked.~

Top 5 Manga:

1) GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) - it's just great! No other words to describe it.

2) The World God Only Knows - Keima is my God now :).

3) Black Lagoon - Roberta is just...just...why i don't have a maid like her? Here she is --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubUMbMG8QE8

4) Attack on Titan - very good and with a lot of gore.

5) Again!! - interesting story and characters.

Top 5 Anime:

From 1 to 4 the same as the Manga list, the fifth is Full Metal Panic (the only mecha series that i actually liked).

P.S.

I actually read Manhwa too, these are the 3 i recommend:

1) Tower of God - the art is crappy (at least in the beginning) but the story is incredible.

2) Noblesse - if you like battle manga try it.

3) The Gamer - i reealy want that ability of his!

Anime:

• Beyond the Boundary.
  • Soul Eater.
  • Inu x Boku SS.
  • Mirai Nikki.

Manga:

• It's not my fault I'm not popular!
  • That few pages of the A Certain Scientific Accelerator manga.

ah the feels i got from watching Mirai Nikki just from the intro it got me hyped to what weird stuff would happen next

CYRUS LIST OF SHIT TASTE AND ELITISTISM.

Top 5 Anime:

Katanagatari - NisoIsin can write and things! Probably jumped to number 1 because of reasons and it's godly and oh my god why is it so perfect. ;_;

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion - It's surreal imagery, disturbing imagery, and just well put together in the matter of nonsense. TUMBLING DOWN is the greatest thing ever, yo.

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb - fuck you it's wide

Monogatari (series) read Katanagatari

idk Haruhi movie? Cross Game? Can't decide on a 5th favorite.

Top 5 Manga

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou- Relaxing and Atmosphere
Oyasumi Punpun - it's depressing and punpun himself omg ;_;
Yotsuba&! - Masterpiece in the masterpiece genre
One Piece - FUN
Mushishi - Read YKK