Gothielle in Crawli's gym

Magus543

This stupid thing took me by surprise and outspeeds and one hit kills most of my team. An accurate Focus Blast is a NIGHTMARE to deal with. How have the rest of you defeated it? It's bulky and hits hard.

I just spam first impression to get past the first phase, then the field shows up, and it becomes a killing machine immune to priority. 

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, QuaterPastEleven said:

How did you end up beating it because i cannot do it for the life of me

With a combination of switching into Dark type with Protect -> Ghost -> Fighting (that is weak to psyshock) -> back to the Dark, you can safely drain PP of Focus Blast since it only has five uses, though that Gothitelle tends to not use the last PP of that move and kill your Ghost type with Dark Pulse during the cycle.

As you successfully deplete Focus Blast's PP, spam your Dark type mons as Dark Pulse is the only option for Gothitelle. That's how I beat it.

6 hours ago, Pigeot said:

With a combination of switching into Dark type with Protect -> Ghost -> Fighting (that is weak to psyshock) -> back to the Dark, you can safely drain PP of Focus Blast since it only has five uses, though that Gothitelle tends to not use the last PP of that move and kill your Ghost type with Dark Pulse during the cycle.

As you successfully deplete Focus Blast's PP, spam your Dark type mons as Dark Pulse is the only option for Gothitelle. That's how I beat it.

Thanks so much for the idea, I ended up putting it to sleep and using my greninja with protean to switch between ghost and normal type. I paralyzed it as well which really saved me when it woke up lol