Key Items Locations and Functions

my364829

Decided to make a list of the various key items in the game, where they're located, and what they do. This is just the stuff I remember; if anyone else remembers something that would be appreciated. I'll be sure to come back and update this.

Spoiler-free Key items:

Coin Case: Allows you to do stuff in the Game Corner. To obtain it, go to the second floor of the hotel in East Gearen, talk to one of the people there, and then head to the sewers.

HP/Attack/Defense/SPAttack/SPDefense/Speed cards:  All of these let you grind out EVs at the lab in Gearen.  They can all be obtained at the Game Corner for 10 AP each.

Troupe Flute: Obtained in the cave on route 3 from some lady. There are six Poliwags across the map; find them with the flute and they'll go back to the cave. This rewards you with a Poliwag.

Mining Kit: This lets you mine glowing rocks for various items. You get it during the main story in Chapter 5.

Cursed Candle: Obtained in one of the chests in Wispy Ruins. Can be placed on one of the graves at the top of Amethyst Cave for a Litwick.

Spoiler Key Items:

Weird Diary: CHAPTER 9 SPOILERS

Spoiler

Obtained in Kugearen in a house on the west side of the city. After meeting Rift Garbodor for the first time, you can give the journal to Erick, and you'll be able to save Garbodor without killing it. If you kill Garbodor, that gives you a bunch of points towards the bad ending. This also applies to a Rift Hippowdon later on.

Edited by my364829
Fixed descriptions for the Troupe Flute and Weird Diary. Added Cursed Candle.
  • Like 2