Ghost Party Member Bug

HellCat

While replaying through the Chapter 12 quest I encountered a weird bug where an invisible Melia was following me around old Sheridan. I could interact with her, but couldn't see her. It was a little funny but the problem comes from her preventing me from surfing since party members block certain interactions (take my image for example, she prevented the surf prompt from appearing whenever I interacted with water. When I tried to force surf via HM it told me I couldn't do the action with someone else with me). Essentially the bug prevented me from progressing and for a minute I thought I had soft locked myself.

For those who have encountered this as well there is a solution, but it comes at a price... literally. You have to black out (in my case I took a single Pokemon into the wild and battled till I blacked out and threw my cash everywhere). Afterwards the ghost Melia was dispelled (I guess she wasn't impressed with my lame battling skillz sadface) and I could progress again. 

It's my first time posting but I couldn't find any other record of this glitch so I thought I'd post something :3

image.thumb.png.e75dabf12a0e45cfbee03c38dd6dc83b.png