Version 13.5 thoughts/playthrough (spoilers)

Techos

Been playing version 13.5 and I just wanted a place to rant about stuff. Started from the beginning and omg the game's polish is incredible to see. I love the little animations and revamped areas it's so refreshing and feels so new. Like walking into Gearen Park goddamn it's so pretty, and why does the music go so HARD in there. Just beat Venam's gym and the change was really cool. I love the new look of her gym I think the new one reflects her character a lot more than the previous one where you'd just mix colors. I'm liking the help center changes where you can start the quest at the actual quest NPC, it's something really small but it helps the world feel more alive and can take away some of the hassle of having to go back and forth. Playing with passwords is something that made Pokemon Desolation SO FUN for me, and I'm happy that it's a new feature in this game along with Spice Scent. Loving the game so far and I'm so happy as someone who's been playing since like version 8, Team Rejuv are the goats. Will probably update as I get farther with random hype moments.

Also Mr. Luck is spooky.

• Like 2

I really like the improvements so far. I'm only in Gearan but the changes to the atmosphere and aesthetics are amazing and it really does enhance the visual appeal. My biggest worry is the field effects - seeing that the city has certain field effects does make me a bit apprehensive, since I don't want it to be that every single area has some sort of field effect. Having neutral ground in places were lots of battles take place is good imo, since I don't want to have to keep track of so many gimmicks and have certain moves/Pokemon be made worse all the time for that area. Again, in places like forests, when surfing, in power plants, or wherever else they used to be, totally reasonable. 

Just me, of course. 

I'm now in the "start" of the Terajuma arc and...(big spoilers, I suggest to wait)

Spoiler

I like the massive revamp Terajuma and the story got. Makes more sense in many moments and makes the protagonist more "human" in certain moments. Since I beat Madame X, I didn't expect the game to make that "win" a so important moment, now everyone thinks my character was some kind of god.

MASSIVE SPOILER

Also, I'm liking how the player is so strong that it already got the attention of a Legendary Pokèmon. Jan told that in V13.5 some legendaries could be caught, so I do wonder if that Legendary can be caught.

8 hours ago, SoulN7 said:

I'm now in the "start" of the Terajuma arc and...(big spoilers, I suggest to wait)

Hide contents

I like the massive revamp Terajuma and the story got. Makes more sense in many moments and makes the protagonist more "human" in certain moments. Since I beat Madame X, I didn't expect the game to make that "win" a so important moment, now everyone thinks my character was some kind of god.

MASSIVE SPOILER

Also, I'm liking how the player is so strong that it already got the attention of a Legendary Pokèmon. Jan told that in V13.5 some legendaries could be caught, so I do wonder if that Legendary can be caught.

Spoiler

I just finished the " join the bad guys and destroy the world route", (don't know the name they gave it) and just from the story quests, you get at least 2 legendaries hehe

Made it to right at the start of chapter 3 before going into the Mansion and man I've been feeling pretty good about the difficulty so far, haven't had any trouble with any fights besides like Novae from the sidequests. But damn the Amanda fight right before she lets you go into the sewer was COOKING me, that Miltank was on something lmao. The battle AI can lowkey be pretty good sometimes and I like that a lot, was trying to go for paralysis hax against the miltank and was flabbergasted when she switched and used aromatherapy, into me getting smoked again. Happy with the difficulty and I know it only gets harder so that's cool!

Some other things though:
The new Sewaddle line - GOAT DESIGN NEW FAVORITE POKEMON

The new CG's for story beats - FIRE, ZUMI IS THE GOAT
Truck daddy - love the little tire splash art, really makes me feel like I'm playing Persona 4

I could be tripping but I feel the pacing is different, or maybe I'm just going through quicker since I know a lot.

image.thumb.png.b643443f099ec26f9a2f9acca6ed5d56.png

Beat Narcissa! Loving the game as always. I remember not liking chapter 3 with Marianette too much in the past, but it lowkey might be my favorite so far. Maria is just too precious, I love all her dialogue, and the nickname she gives you is hype. The Goldenleaf chapter was super fun too, the ghost hijinks in the pokemon center is always funny and the Espurr is a national treasure.

In any case I've been trying to use pokemon I don't normally use, and although Hypno is a little freak of a pokemon he's been carrying hard. In the Maria fight I changed the field with Ominous Wind Dartrix, and then Hypno soloed with the hypnosis accuracy buff. Same thing for Narcissa, the hypnosis buff was insanely clutch along with Talonflame Flame Charge being partial ghost type and Decidueye doing all the damage. Beat it first try. 
image.thumb.png.540197a26864de87eb999d1999a60cba.png

• 1 month later...