Teleporting out of the Nuzleaf Trap? Does it bug out the game?

etherzebra

I'm quite early on, shortly after the second gym and I haven't touched Reborn in years so no glaring spoilers please. I'm in the Rhodocrine jungle and there are two events tmk that wind you up in a cage - either you fall for a nuzleaf pit trap or team meteor grunts catch you and toss you to the nuzleafs. Either way you're in the cage when Fern finds you and asks you to beg him to let you out. Naturally that didn't sit well with me so I decided to teleport out of the cage back to Jasper.

I don't think the game accounted for that? I haven't tested it much but I'm not sure. I couldn't get back to where Cain is supposed to be (I freed him in the save file where taka's? chatot pops in to set you free) and when I encountered Fern he didn't mention that it was odd that I was out. I'm curious what you guys think / know about this trick.

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, etherzebra said:

I'm quite early on, shortly after the second gym and I haven't touched Reborn in years so no glaring spoilers please. I'm in the Rhodocrine jungle and there are two events tmk that wind you up in a cage - either you fall for a nuzleaf pit trap or team meteor grunts catch you and toss you to the nuzleafs. Either way you're in the cage when Fern finds you and asks you to beg him to let you out. Naturally that didn't sit well with me so I decided to teleport out of the cage back to Jasper.

I don't think the game accounted for that? I haven't tested it much but I'm not sure. I couldn't get back to where Cain is supposed to be (I freed him in the save file where taka's? chatot pops in to set you free) and when I encountered Fern he didn't mention that it was odd that I was out. I'm curious what you guys think / know about this trick.

Here's a general tip: Dont teleport. There are many events that are tied to specific tiles, timers, variables, and switches. If you miss any of these, or interact with the wrong event, you will sequence break your game, and be softlocked.

• Administrators

Although what Dred said is true, and it has been a constant nuisance for us, we do still have to account for it, so it's fine to report cases where you think the game has broken as a result.

That said, I am pretty sure we did account for it here. It's not a very... compelling chain of events, but I don't think this is a sequence break or bug in this case either.

That's good to know! I only teleported because it seemed like a clever way to stick it to Fern. I'm happy I played through the options where I let the chatot save me because there were a lot of interactions worth seeing. Apparently I could have also stealthed past the guards? I'm curious how that would have gone. Tbh the jungle was a little much - way more convoluted than I remember so idk if I even experienced all the events in the forest worth looking for.

Edited by etherzebra