Please don't add gen 9 Pokemon!

NoahDrago

OH I a msorry it just need understandd there are limit unless they remove on gen that everyone dislike or able to keep it all that be good. I don't mind if they add the starter, I love meowscarada and skeledirge. Along with the two amor pokemon armarouge and ceruledge

I see zero reason to not add gen 9 pokemon. Obviously at some point they need to draw the line and stop adding them, considering immense spriting work and rebalancing of all teams with inclusion of gen 9 pokemon, but as far as player experience go? There is not a single good argument that can be made as to not have them. It just adds a lot and doesn't detract anything. 

On 9/11/2023 at 6:08 AM, Cyphre said:

I see zero reason to not add gen 9 pokemon. Obviously at some point they need to draw the line and stop adding them, considering immense spriting work and rebalancing of all teams with inclusion of gen 9 pokemon, but as far as player experience go? There is not a single good argument that can be made as to not have them. It just adds a lot and doesn't detract anything. 

A good reason I can think of is balance concerns. A lot of the new mons from S/V are really, really strong Pokemon. New game altering abilities, new game busting moves with high BP, min/maxed base stat combos, potentially setting breaking designs --it will probably be more work to integrate Gen 9 Pokemon into the game than the Gen 8 Pokemon, considering the difference in power level between even weaker Gen 9 Pokemon and rest of Rejuvenation's roster. Players wouldn't have access to most of the new mons until relatively late, lest the early game be made trivial, and editing enemy rosters to incorporate new mons will take a more fine touch than the Gen 8 roster updates, which were themselves hard to do too, as I understand. I don't see current Rejuvenation being improved with the S/V additions. Maybe including S/V concepts as a central part of the post game would work well enough to justify including them. 

7 minutes ago, chippy said:

A good reason I can think of is balance concerns.

I very highly doubt it's an issue considering by now Azery and balancing co slap items on Megas on broken fields that can't be changed, forcing you to do very specific things. I haven't seen any issues with adding Dragapult, Grimmsnarl or Dracovish for example. 

Also crests exist for this very reason, to make a lot of less viable pokemon stronger. 

As i said in my message, it's up to them where to draw the line with it cause of rebalancing necessary for the teams, so if they decide it's a problem they simply won't do it. Which is why telling them not to add it is silly, they know their game better than any of us. 

I'm sure Lechonk is a terror that can't be balanced around. Maybe Pawmot is so broken i don't know it. Bellibolt suddenly gonna beat Garchomp? This part is just ridiculous, every generation have monster pokemon and power creep, a lot of good pokemon even now are relegated to endgame.