Pokémon Sky (Version 16.5.2: Icy Showdown) Released

Hi again. It's been quite a few months since I posted about the game. 16.5 is gonna be rebalance of the early game, slightly better maps, and rewriting a certain twist that I really didn't like that much. This will probably be the last time I work on the game. Well, I'll mostly release bug fixes and maybe some map revamps if I feel like it. The story will remain unchanged unless people have problems with it. Did you guys know that this game is a year old? Crazy to think about right? I may post occasionally but I will no longer post development updates. As for the recap, I had to cut it out since there were slight changes. Sorry about that. The gym leader rematches are now in the game and I hope enjoy them. Thank you for checking this game out. It's been a pleasure. I know there may be people who think my game is a giant middle finger to the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon fandom but it really wasn't. I never made this game out of spite. I made it because I was interested in making a game. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0dbyyg48ie7pkdw/Pokemon_Sky_v16.5.2.zip/file

Note: If you want to Ev train, go back to crystal town, go to the lab and enter the blue door on the right. Ev training items are in the ev training rooms as hidden items on the right. Hopefully that addresses issues of finding said Ev training rooms. Sorry I forgot to say I added Ev training to the game. To start post game, go back to the apartment in DragonBorn City.

Changes: Fixed bugs and minor spelling mistakes. Also improved presentation on certain scenes.

Pokémon Sky: The Fateful Tragedy 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/s3uvc8qahu6pd57/Pokemon_Sky_The_Fateful_Tragedy.zip/file

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

FAQ

So how old is the protagonist?

When will Ampharos get more screen time?

Probably near the end of the game. But, no spoilers!

So how old is Ampharos?

So when we get to Lively Town, will the Expedition Society members actually be involved with the story besides Buizel or are they side quest characters?

See, the reason Buizel shows up in the early game is to foreshadow Ampharos's importance to the plot. Everyone else aside from Amphy are just side quest characters so I don't have them all feel important.

So is Grovyle important to the story or is he another Kanon?

Yes, he will be. And about Kanon, he is needed it's just that Rejuv's not finished yet...

When does the game take place?

A year after the events of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

So who's the protag?

The Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum portags. And yes, they are same ones in this game that defeated Cynthia.

So is the Temporal region a combination of mystery dungeon locations mixed in with original ones?

Yep, sounds about right! I wanted to put the mainline games and mystery dungeon worlds into one game essentially.

And that's all for the FAQ for now. I kinda just thought of these questions out of nowhere.

Edited by GrovyleTheThief

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I downloaded your game and figured I'd inform you of a mistake

You cannot progress after talking to professor-what's-her-face.

When she talks about going over to check her computer, you instantly become stuck in the event, and it's impossible to progress the game
I also figured I'd tell you that walking out of the EV training room causes you to be softlocked

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, could you please make a guide for quest? Because i did the quest "Material Constructions" in Dreamland City where a man asked us to bring him a crystal from Crystal Cave, wood from Spirit Tree city and grass from Route 4. I've found the crystal but i have absolutely no idea where is the grass and the woods. And i cant' close the quest anymore (don't know why). So... i'm stuck.

Please, someone can tell me where is the grass in route 4 and the wood at Spirit tree city?

8 hours ago, lil'Lou said:

Hi, could you please make a guide for quest? Because i did the quest "Material Constructions" in Dreamland City where a man asked us to bring him a crystal from Crystal Cave, wood from Spirit Tree city and grass from Route 4. I've found the crystal but i have absolutely no idea where is the grass and the woods. And i cant' close the quest anymore (don't know why). So... i'm stuck.

Please, someone can tell me where is the grass in route 4 and the wood at Spirit tree city?

You can find the wood near Leafia's house and then you need to go to Route 4 and you will see normal grass. Honestly, this quest will be reworked next version to be less tedious. Sorry for the inconvenience.

19 hours ago, GrovyleTheThief said:

You can find the wood near Leafia's house and then you need to go to Route 4 and you will see normal grass. Honestly, this quest will be reworked next version to be less tedious. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I found them, thanks.

By the way, this happening to me in the hidden island after the first battle to the team emerald grunts with Mischief. Am i missing something after meeting Grovyle in Brine Cave?

1095575376_Capturedecran2023-12-31a17_42_52.png.f52380c14e3a16fae25ec14ce1842b81.png

errorlog.txt

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, lil'Lou said:

I found them, thanks.

By the way, this happening to me in the hidden island after the first battle to the team emerald grunts with Mischief. Am i missing something after meeting Grovyle in Brine Cave?

1095575376_Capturedecran2023-12-31a17_42_52.png.f52380c14e3a16fae25ec14ce1842b81.png

errorlog.txt 1.34 kB · 0 downloads

Sorry about that. That was a bug. Thanks for reporting it. I've released a patch so it can fix the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello i want to ask is that when i want to go to smerfcave i talk to bloom and riolu first and when i go there to the cave inside i want to surf but it says i don't have the flipers so what do i do? I hope you can help me, thankyou.

6 hours ago, jona1e said:

Hello i want to ask is that when i want to go to smerfcave i talk to bloom and riolu first and when i go there to the cave inside i want to surf but it says i don't have the flipers so what do i do? I hope you can help me, thankyou.

You just head to the Hm item shop. There's one in Spirit Tree City. There will be an update to clarify this.