Ability Changer

Calvius

The case: I found my (shiny) Teddiursa and trained it, unaware of the fact that hidden abilities stay hidden abilities even after evolutions. So I wonder why my Ursaring only gets Unnerve as ability instead of the way more useful other two ones. Afterwards I noticed that my Ursaring will always get this ability.

Now I remember I read about an ability changer added in the Reborn Game somewhere in the forum few weeks ago. But I can't remember where.

Is it implented in the game, or is it planned or only a rumor? Would really like to know that, since Unnerve sucks :D

• Administrators

dont need to bust a tumor cuz its only just a rumor

I don't personally know her plans on the matter but considering an official item for it (the Ability Capsule in XY) exists I'd think it's very doable. Readily available? Maybe not.

I think Ame was just commenting on how they added one in X and Y when she originally planned on making one, before she just decicded to just give wild pokemon the chance to come with the hidden ability.

I vaguely remember her talking about it too, but Wild Pokemon have always had the chance to come with their hidden abilities- they're treated as normal, third abilities in this game. The exceptions would be where the code (unintentionally) prevents it such as with eggs and event Pokemon I think? Something like that. Scratch this, I forgot about a thing.

I don't personally know her plans on the matter but considering an official item for it (the Ability Capsule in XY) exists I'd think it's very doable. Readily available? Maybe not.

I vaguely remember her talking about it too, but Wild Pokemon have always had the chance to come with their hidden abilities- they're treated as normal, third abilities in this game. The exceptions would be where the code (unintentionally) prevents it such as with eggs and event Pokemon I think? Something like that.

Maybe events don't get the hidden abilities, but I know for a fact eggs can get them I've tossed out quite a few solar power charmanders.

• Administrators

...Ooh, actually, in retrospect I do recall a fix for that being implemented, right, sorry. The actual answer to the topic remains though; nothing like that is in the game yet, but I wouldn't count it out.

I would like an ability changer too. I realised that half my pokemon have a wrong ability : Alakazam has inner focus instead of magic guard, Tangrowth has Leaf Guard instead of Regenerator and Venomoth has Shield dust instead of Tinted lens. They still do the job but an ability capsule like in X and Y would be awesome :D.

• 5 weeks later...

Sucks, doesnt it. It's kinda why I put my old save file to the side, because I couldve gotten a far better starter (coughcoughTorchicWithSpeedBoostcoughcough) :P

Ah well, Still, I agree with Jean, an Ability Capsule would be nice, I could get telepathy on ralts (then I could put Earthquake to far better use lol)

Yeah an ability changer would be nice, ever since the psychic gym I started to wish my yamega had speed boost....

Speed Boost rules. Im starting to see that. lol. and WHAT. PSYCHIC GYM. AH DAMN KILL ME NOW. I hate Psychic Gyms (but I love the type, OH THE IRONY...) qq