How can i change pokemon ability data and stat data

Gasguyppungi

• 1 month later...

You can't just pick abilities from a list, you need to change a Pokemon's available abilities directly in the Script that contains Pokemon data (stats/abilities/movelists/etc.). Once you've changed them to what you want and compiled the data using Debug, you can select the ability in question normally via Ability Capsule or Party Debug.

So it's like that. Seems pretty arbitrary that you can change moves outside the movelist with debug but not abilities. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Maybe it's the wrong script but I edited montext.rb, pokemon.txt (pbs), gen8pokemon.txt (pbs), and the ability still isn't available to be selected with debug

Edited by howwedewend24

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 2:07 AM, howwedewend24 said:

So it's like that. Seems pretty arbitrary that you can change moves outside the movelist with debug but not abilities. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Maybe it's the wrong script but I edited montext.rb, pokemon.txt (pbs), gen8pokemon.txt (pbs), and the ability still isn't available to be selected with debug

Hm, weird. I'm assuming you used Debug mode to compile all the data after making your changes? The changes won't actually take effect until you do.

I do know that PBS sometimes comes with older files that aren't used in the current version. I guess check that the PBS and Script (.rb files) names line up to make sure you're editing the right PBS file. And if you really need to, you can make a backup of the actual .rb Script files (because never alter the original without an unaltered backup) and alter the originals directly (you should be able to open them in a plain text program). You'd still have to compile data using Debug mode, but as long as it all went through succesfully it should definitely work.

On 4/9/2023 at 11:16 PM, Charon said:

Hm, weird. I'm assuming you used Debug mode to compile all the data after making your changes? The changes won't actually take effect until you do.

I do know that PBS sometimes comes with older files that aren't used in the current version. I guess check that the PBS and Script (.rb files) names line up to make sure you're editing the right PBS file. And if you really need to, you can make a backup of the actual .rb Script files (because never alter the original without an unaltered backup) and alter the originals directly (you should be able to open them in a plain text program). You'd still have to compile data using Debug mode, but as long as it all went through succesfully it should definitely work.

I got it working on the same day, that's the proceedure but I made a mistake with the pbs files. Still this isn't really useful for me, I need the pokemon to have any ability and the override being independent of modded files. I don't understand why they would make abilities be so strict behind the scenes, should be as simple as changing an index from a list.