HelloI would like to ask some questions regarding development

pokezack101

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks I hope everyone is doing well, finally had some free time and got around to messing with 10.5 and about done with it and I have to say it was a really smooth transition to 6th gen did not get any end of the world bugs but there were some in previous versions from what I understand. Now which brings me to why I am posting have you started working on episode 11? If so I have two simple questions to be asked.

1) How long is E11 going to be? If I remember right 10 and 11 were supposed to be one episode which makes me think E11 is going to be short, please if possible I don't want another E9 that was too short lol.

2) I know nothing is set in stone but will 11 take you more time to push out than 10? From what I heard the reason why 10 took so long is because you had to design that ruin area from the ground up which delayed 10 release date by a lot I think, are there any instances like this in 11, or not? I would guess that no because I think 11 is gonna be short unless you prove me wrong with the answer you give. Thanks!

• Administrators

You're right. Although I didn't plan it this way, we've been getting two-parters for a while. 6/7 kind of became a two part story in Apophyll, 8/9 became a two-part thing in chrysolia, and 10/11 is our two-part exploration of the aventurine region. In all of these cases, the first episode took much longer to produce than the second. In the latter two, the second half will be much shorter than the first, because both of those were originally designed as one episode, and then split in half later. 11 will be short, but that means faster to make.

As for areas that need to be drawn from the ground up, yeah, there are a few more of those, but they probably won't be as involved as making the ruins was.

I can give a rough estimate of how long the upcoming episodes are going to take (relative to each other)

11 is short and quick

12 is going to take a while

13 ...might be kind of long, depends how long it takes me to make some effects for scenes here

14 will take even longer than 12

15 should be pretty quick

16 is going to take for fucking fuckity fuck ever

spoilers.

So is 16 the last episode or are you just there in terms in design I thought there would be at least 18.

Edit: Something that really bothers me is that when in 10.5 whenever you take down a pokemon when the hp is going down you see a big black box showing how much hp is going to be depleted as it happens, it's starting to bother me a bit any chance it will be fixed for 11? Oh and will the trainer card be edited so it has slots for 18 badges in 11? I really want that aesthetic change and I think it will go a long way

Edited by pokezack101

• Administrators

Uh, no, probably not; that's not an error, it's a 'feature' that was added in the newest script update. I'm personally not a huge fan of it either but removing it would likely break more things than it would solve

16 isn't the last episode, that's just as far as I can say for length right now

Seeing as this thread is becoming both an "Ask Ame" and "Ame Appreciation thread" i've been inspired to inquire if you would like an extra hand with anything on the game development side of Reborn? I learn't HTML code a very long time ago though and will probably need some time getting up to speed (as well as balance between study) but if you want another hand to lighten the workload a bit i would be interested in learning everything and pitching in on odd jobs?

So its in C-code? i would probably have to learn from the start but thanks cobra. posted here because i thought the development team was smaller then it is

Edited by Bear