Beating the glass factory with 2 mons (PULSE 2)

Axelyx

While doing my inanimate objects themed-team PULSE 2 playthrough, I came up with a strat to defeat the glass factory gauntlet with 2 mons! I felt like I achieved quite a feat so I just wanted to share :D

My team: 

Spoiler

1386396628_Screenshot(105).thumb.png.7b2e3c123de78404b5dd361e053de547.png1542832671_Screenshot(108).thumb.png.839881b267b49241e967d443217eb18c.png

1) Rotom-Wash

Moves: will-o-wisp, hydro pump, protect, snatch

Item: Waterium-Z

The supporting role of the duo, it's job is to status the enemy and annoy them. Hydro Vortex is crucial to KO some mons as well.

2) Klinklang

Moves: Protect, Return, Gear Grind, Shift Gear

Item: Leftovers

The setup sweeper, while fully abusing the Factory field! Find chances to boost and the victory is ours. Leftovers is important for stalling and passive recovery.

PS: I made my mons as optimal as I could from EVs and IVs because I was playing with PULSE 2 and had to fully utilize given resources.

Fight 1

Spoiler

Shelly & Cain

They lead with A-marowak and ribombee. Ribombee can't do much damage to Klinklang, so I boost first, while Hydro Vortexing the marowak. Rotom-W can attract some firepower while using protect, so Klinklang gets another boost first. Then, I sweep Cain's team, while leaving Shelly's Ribombee untouched cuz it's not a threat. After Cain's team is defeated, the rest of the story is just another boost and clicking return to decimate Shelly's bugs. Sorry Shelly, you're still my favourite character.

Fight 2

Spoiler

Luna

This fight is slightly RNG reliant. In the first battle, you can get some misses and still win. But with Luna, it's a different story. She leads with Weavile, where I cripple it with will-o-wisp. I switch in my Klinklang for a free boost (as she switches out and I receive minimal damage), then I gear grinded 5 of her pokemon, and return took care of the last (weavile). There's a catch though, if gear grind misses, then I'm basically dead because her mons have either foul play or superpower which can deal very heavy damage to me.

Fight 3

Spoiler

Radomus & Serra

They lead with A-tales and Clefable. My Rotom snatches their aurora veil, while klinklang boosts for a round. RNG factor works here though, as clef will fire blast me and I can't take a burn. Then, Rotom uses snatch for the whole course of hail, which effectively immobilizes Ninetales because the AI will keep using aurora veil, while Klinklang uses a combo of protect (stall out hail) and gear grind (takes out clef and gardevoir). I decide to KO Radomus' mons first because tales is not a threat to Klinklang. When the hail is over, I gear grind and Hydro Vortex Radomus' Bisharp at the same time to KO it, then he sends in Metagross which isn't a threat, thus allowing me to boost a turn. At this point, I sacked Rotom to tales' freeze-dry, but klinklang had already have enough boosts (+4) to take down Radomus' remaining mons, while tales still couldn't KO me. After that, Serra was taken down by a combo of return and gear grinds. That's the factory field for you, turning gear grind into a monstrously powerful move.

And that's my attempt to duo the infamous glass gauntlet! My fight was somewhat reliant on RNG, but was the best I could come up with so far. Do share your experiences or opinions with me, or any way that I could've done it better 😆

• Like 1

Congrats, good job on taking them down. I've won the glass gauntlet with a couple of monotype teams but I've never tried to beat it with as few as two pokemon. Pretty good stuff. You could have used wide lens on Klinklang to better your chances to land Gear Grind, if you're playing with items, meaning you're not relying on leftovers for your recovery. But of course if you're playing no items, leftovers was totally the item to use. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RebornFan7 said:

Congrats, good job on taking them down. I've won the glass gauntlet with a couple of monotype teams but I've never tried to beat it with as few as two pokemon. Pretty good stuff. You could have used wide lens on Klinklang to better your chances to land Gear Grind, if you're playing with items, meaning you're not relying on leftovers for your recovery. But of course if you're playing no items, leftovers was totally the item to use. 

I did use the noitems password! I think it would add fairness and difficulty to the game.