Pokemon Catch Rate Mod

Artbronx

I remember a mod in this game that made pokemon you haven't caught before more easily found. For example, in the grass patch outside of the Grand Hall, if you have caught every pokemon in the grass except meowth. The next encounter will surely be meowth.

3 hours ago, Artbronx said:

I remember a mod in this game that made pokemon you haven't caught before more easily found. For example, in the grass patch outside of the Grand Hall, if you have caught every pokemon in the grass except meowth. The next encounter will surely be meowth.

There's actually an in-game solution to this. It's a held item called the Magnetic Lure which if your lead Pokémon is holding it guarantees a new encounter if possible and also gives automatic escape from battle. I got it from a man in the Beryl Ward pre-Restoration for giving him ~$5000 I think, so I'm not sure whether it's available afterwards or not.

Just now, Rendolf said:

There's actually an in-game solution to this. It's a held item called the Magnetic Lure which if your lead Pokémon is holding it guarantees a new encounter if possible and also gives automatic escape from battle. I got it from a man in the Beryl Ward pre-Restoration for giving him ~$5000 I think, so I'm not sure whether it's available afterwards or not.

Ohhhh I didnt know this item existed.

1 hour ago, Artbronx said:

Ohhhh I didnt know this item existed.

Yup! I haven't seen any others of it in the game and it's a pretty complex thing to obtain, so I'd guess a lot of people probably don't know about it, but it was super useful while I was still working on the dex (since then I obviously haven't had much use for it). Hopefully you'll be able to get it, but I guess I'd only be unsure about that if you've passed a certain point in the game.