Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Why is my Mime Jr. perfect IVs?!?!!?!?

Squidgirl

Question

I think I got this Mime Jr. from the man who asked for a sunkern, and...I mean, just look:

image.png.8b18e8194a19ecad4db586c039eedb0e.png
Why is it LITERALLY perfect!? The only bad stat is attack, which makes it a GOOD stat! It's called penta, to be fair, which might be a hint but...is this normal? Also, the OT is Irving

7 answers to this question

Baby pokemon have the same trait as legendary mons where 3 of their stats are guaranteed to be 31s. You'll notice the same thing if you 'save-reset' before other baby pokemon you can receive like Budew, Pichu and Happiney.
The other 2 max IVs on top of that, you got lucky with. And even more lucky that you got it in that right distribution, with Attack being the lowest.
That said, it's much more probable to get 5 max IVs out of a baby mon than it is to get them from a non-baby and non-legendary pokemon that have to roll each and everyone of those stats. Especially if you save-scum just before receiving the baby mon so you can try to maximize the stats.

In fact, you can jump-start a lot of easy breeding if you set things up so budew's IVs and pichu's IVs are compatible. By which I mean, one mon having 3-4 stats max and the other one having max IVs in the stats the first one doesn't. (And are both female, with you finding other males or ditto to help new offsprings with those same max stats.)
That's because Roselia and Pikachu are both part of the fairy egg group, while Roselia is also part of the grass egg group and Pikachu part of the field egg-group (which is very expansive!). So you can breed them together to get a perfect (or close to perfect) Roselia or Pikachu and then use that off-spring to help breed better other mons in linking egg-groups.

This process takes very few steps to get an early max IV mon, and you can start this process very quickly! (Budew is available at the very beginning if I recall, and Pichu is just before the 2nd gym, after beating Fern).

The real question to ask: Is why the evolved form of those baby mons that you find and catch in the wild don't have those great 3+ max IVs. THAT, I got no explanation that isn't a disappointing cop-out. ^^:

23 minutes ago, RTresserhorn said:

Baby pokemon have the same trait as legendary mons where 3 of their stats are guaranteed to be 31s. You'll notice the same thing if you 'save-reset' before other baby pokemon you can receive like Budew, Pichu and Happiney.
The other 2 max IVs on top of that, you got lucky with. And even more lucky that you got it in that right distribution, with Attack being the lowest.
That said, it's much more probable to get 5 max IVs out of a baby mon than it is to get them from a non-baby and non-legendary pokemon that have to roll each and everyone of those stats. Especially if you save-scum just before receiving the baby mon so you can try to maximize the stats.

In fact, you can jump-start a lot of easy breeding if you set things up so budew's IVs and pichu's IVs are compatible. By which I mean, one mon having 3-4 stats max and the other one having max IVs in the stats the first one doesn't. (And are both female, with you finding other males or ditto to help new offsprings with those same max stats.)
That's because Roselia and Pikachu are both part of the fairy egg group, while Roselia is also part of the grass egg group and Pikachu part of the field egg-group (which is very expansive!). So you can breed them together to get a perfect (or close to perfect) Roselia or Pikachu and then use that off-spring to help breed better other mons in linking egg-groups.

This process takes very few steps to get an early max IV mon, and you can start this process very quickly! (Budew is available at the very beginning if I recall, and Pichu is just before the 2nd gym, after beating Fern).

The real question to ask: Is why the evolved form of those baby mons that you find and catch in the wild don't have those great 3+ max IVs. THAT, I got no explanation that isn't a disappointing cop-out. ^^:

That's actually something I didn't know, but sure enough I checked my Baby Pokémon and it holds true (at least for the ones I got as encounters, not the ones I bred myself). The more you know!

If you want another way to test it for sure, go trade for a Tyrogue (bring a dunsparce, breed up some spares if you wanna fill up pokedex with tyrogue's three evolutions).
In the forest area with all the tauros, miltanks and bouffulant, the corner building with all the scientists has the guy on the rooftop who offers it. It's a repeatable trade, so you can confirm that way.

7 hours ago, RTresserhorn said:

I think a reasonable explanation for this would be that the wild "evolved" forms didn't actually evolve from baby pokemon, since most baby pokemon require an incense in breeding, otherwise the offspring will be the "evolved" form.

What this wouldn't cover are baby pokemon you can get without incense, like elekid - do those also come with 3 perfect IV stats? I don't remember

On 6/17/2022 at 12:15 AM, NeoBolt said:

Yeaa it is normal to a certain extent, in fact it is easy once u have a 6IV 31 ditto. By getting a 6iv ditto with destiny knot, paired with a breedable mon of ur choice (attached with a Power item of your choice) getting 5IV mons are fairly easy.  Couple it with an incubator (with it, u can hatch up to 5 eggs in ur party at a time in a flash) in the daycare and u have a lotta chances to even get a 6IV mon.  

You can get a 6IV ditto through this post: 

https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/60249-free-6iv-dittos/#comment-971082

Yeah, I don't want a 6 IV ditto. That may as well be cheating so far as I'm concerned. It just trivializes the process, as though the incubator doesn't trivialize it enough already(though, to a reasonable amount).

As far as the other posts go, I also got that Budew and used it on my team, and I also got Tyrogue. I noticed they both had 31 IVs, but I thought it was just because they were giveaway pokemon.

Yeaa it is normal to a certain extent, in fact it is easy once u have a 6IV 31 ditto. By getting a 6iv ditto with destiny knot, paired with a breedable mon of ur choice (attached with a Power item of your choice) getting 5IV mons are fairly easy.  Couple it with an incubator (with it, u can hatch up to 5 eggs in ur party at a time in a flash) in the daycare and u have a lotta chances to even get a 6IV mon.  

You can get a 6IV ditto through this post: 

https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/60249-free-6iv-dittos/#comment-971082