umbreon for ep18 onwards

yuripuello

hello wassup, i need advice for my umbreon, about to head to the glass factory.

right now his ev spead is Sp. Def 252, Def 148, HP 34, Sp. At 76

moveset

dark pulse, wish, protect, toxic.

should i change his ev spread around, change dark pulse for snarl....

recommendations below!

I agree with foul play being superior to dark pulse. in general umbreon also profits most from just maxing out HP (which also means bigger wishes for the teammates), and then putting the rest into the defenses however you wanna split it up - generally dark is a bit better at handling special attackers, but umbreon is already so specially defensive that physical investment won't hurt either - that part doesn't matter that much

2 hours ago, Dreamy said:

Foul Play might make for a nice dark move that still can often do decent damage while fully investing defensively. otherwise seems solid overall.

58 minutes ago, LilyX said:

I agree with foul play being superior to dark pulse. in general umbreon also profits most from just maxing out HP (which also means bigger wishes for the teammates), and then putting the rest into the defenses however you wanna split it up - generally dark is a bit better at handling special attackers, but umbreon is already so specially defensive that physical investment won't hurt either - that part doesn't matter that much

the thing is im building a sand team, consisting of tyranitar, swampert, aegislash, lucario and depending rotom wash, haxorus.... im waiting for the mega lucario to make him a special attacker cause i need more variety. having said that my umbreon should stay as a special attacker or aegislash as a special attacker..... lemme know

10 hours ago, yuripuello said:

the thing is im building a sand team, consisting of tyranitar, swampert, aegislash, lucario and depending rotom wash, haxorus.... im waiting for the mega lucario to make him a special attacker cause i need more variety. having said that my umbreon should stay as a special attacker or aegislash as a special attacker..... lemme know

but even with dark pulse it's not really a special attacker anyway, it's just a wall. and foul play prevents it from being too passive vs something like swords dance users. also I personally am a big fan of mixed aegislash with special investment (shadow ball, flash cannon, secred (sacred?) sword (always confuse the two, but agi only gets one of them), king's shield with a 252 spatk 252hp spread and modest nature and leftovers does wonders,

Edit: not modest ofc, I meant +spatk -speed (quiet?)