Aegislash

A Player

I think this is the right topic? Idk if this is wrong topic lmk please.

I just got a honedge and am planning to use it over my gengar because i have 3 guys total weak to psychic and was planning to go with moveset Swords Dance, King's Shield, Shadow Sneak, Sacred Sword but should I use iron head over swords dance? It's a STAB boosted move and I am only using this team for story rn no actually competitive battles so can't I just have X Attacks as a replacement instead?

I'm currently using the set you mentioned above and I personally love it. Ghost Fighting is really good offensively since it hits any Pokémon at least neutrally (since there are no Normal Ghosts in the game to my knowledge). Iron Head could be good too but you do miss out on the coverage and it's not like you'll ever get full use out of the flinch chance. And I guess you could use X-Attacks but I like having the option to spam Swords Dance to set up in Shield Forme, which you could also do with that depending on how many X-Attacks you have.

1 minute ago, Rendolf said:

I'm currently using the set you mentioned above and I personally love it. Ghost Fighting is really good offensively since it hits any Pokémon at least neutrally (since there are no Normal Ghosts in the game to my knowledge). Iron Head could be good too but you do miss out on the coverage and it's not like you'll ever get full use out of the flinch chance. And I guess you could use X-Attacks but I like having the option to spam Swords Dance to set up in Shield Forme, which you could also do with that depending on how many X-Attacks you have.

Alright thanks I do have quite a lot of X-attacks so I'll replace swords dance with iron head and also, assuming you do ev train, what kind of ev spread do you have for ur aegislash?

I generally go for Brave since if you use Shadow Sneak to finish them off it doesn't matter if you're faster but if you're using Sacred Sword (and in your case Iron Head) you don't want to attack first if you aren't gonna kill and leave yourself open for an attack in Sword Forme. For EVs I go HP and Attack then the last 4 in Special Defense for basically the same reason, but you could go more defensive if you wanted to.

23 minutes ago, Rendolf said:

I generally go for Brave since if you use Shadow Sneak to finish them off it doesn't matter if you're faster but if you're using Sacred Sword (and in your case Iron Head) you don't want to attack first if you aren't gonna kill and leave yourself open for an attack in Sword Forme. For EVs I go HP and Attack then the last 4 in Special Defense for basically the same reason, but you could go more defensive if you wanted to.

yess, this is what I do too

• 1 year later...
On 6/12/2022 at 2:11 AM, A Player said:

mapquest

I think this is the right topic? Idk if this is wrong topic lmk please.

I just got a honedge and am planning to use it over my gengar because i have 3 guys total weak to psychic and was planning to go with moveset Swords Dance, King's Shield, Shadow Sneak, Sacred Sword but should I use iron head over swords dance? It's a STAB boosted move and I am only using this team for story rn no actually competitive battles so can't I just have X Attacks as a replacement instead?

Swords Dance is more versatile and can benefit other physical moves in your moveset.