Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

where to find hoot hoot/noctowl and espurr before gym 3

321cab

Question

4 answers to this question

You can get Hoothoot at night in the Opal, Peridot, Obsidia, Coral, and Onyx Wards and in Malchous Forest and Rhodocrine Jungle, and if by gym 3 you mean Shelly I believe you can find Espurr in the Gang hideouts (and maybe some other places).

Hoothoot can be found in multiple places at night, like the grass right outside Grand Hall, inside Rhodochrine Jungle or even on the cliffs above Beryl Ward left of the gym. 

If you didn't get Espurr from the event, though, I am afraid it won't be available before North Obsidia Alleyway / Lapis Alleyway, both of which become accessible after beating the 3rd gym. If you are looking for a psychic type, I suggest you snag a Woobat (either in the Underground Railnet or in the Underroot) with the Simple ability. It's super good early game and can help a lot up to the 7th gym or so.