Legendary Event Moves

vepper

I haven't reached the postgame personally, but I was curious if certain legendary Pokemon came with their event moves or ways to learn them. I'm not expecting Rayquaza to have V-Create or anything crazy, though, but it'd be nice on some mons like Entei or Victini.

Spoiler

I also never saw mention of when/if the Dragon Ascent move tutor is unlocked. I would assume it is once you're in the final postgame tier (level 150) or even after beating the true final boss.

13 minutes ago, vepper said:

I haven't reached the postgame personally, but I was curious if certain legendary Pokemon came with their event moves or ways to learn them. I'm not expecting Rayquaza to have V-Create or anything crazy, though, but it'd be nice on some mons like Entei or Victini.

Hide contents

I also never saw mention of when/if the Dragon Ascent move tutor is unlocked. I would assume it is once you're in the final postgame tier (level 150) or even after beating the true final boss.

Rayquaza gets Dragon Ascent and V Create from the move reminder. I haven't really tested with other legendaries but I'm assuming others like Victini and Keldeo learn their signature moves the same way

Celebrate has a Tutor in postgame.

Event-only moves, or tutor moves that only one pokemon learns, are level 1/relearner moves in most cases.

Examples are: Keldeo's Secret Sword

Victini and Rayquaza's V-Create

Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent

Dragonite's Extremespeed (This is an egg move, but was only accessible from a Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver ingame event dratini until in gen 8 became a relearner move)

Chances are that we might even have the Purification moves as relearner moves, and if not, it'd be easy to convince the devs into adding them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After testing other legendaries I can confirm so did and some don’t.

Some Legends like Victini, Darkrai, and Jirachi get their event exclusive moves But others don’t.

Reshiram and Zekrom don’t get Mist and Haze respectively

Celebi doesn’t get Nasty Plot.

Genesect doesn’t get Shift Gear or Blaze Kick which could help it out from inrevelancy. (Me trying to find a willing use for Genesect and barely found it.)

I didn’t reach the point where I can catch Mewtwo and Arceus yet so I can’t confirm if it gets its event moves.

I could miss more. If only Bulbapedia stop can vomiting 503 errors.