How does the magic number puzzle work

Mei-o_Scarlett

Ok so i read ahead and i obviously know about the magic number puzzle thing thats required to get the sticker

my question is

is the code that is spit out the same across every file, meaning i can just skip the puzzle entirel(i dont mind not getting the rewards since this is just a quick non 100% playthrough)

or is it random for every save and i do need to complete the puzzle

40 minutes ago, Mei-o_Scarlett said:

Ok so i read ahead and i obviously know about the magic number puzzle thing thats required to get the sticker

my question is

is the code that is spit out the same across every file, meaning i can just skip the puzzle entirel(i dont mind not getting the rewards since this is just a quick non 100% playthrough)

or is it random for every save and i do need to complete the puzzle

it should be the same number and i assume if ya borrowed someone's save file with completion of it and put it in ya save folder (without making it active) it might make the game think you have completed it before and offer the puzzle skip star piece thing that unlocks the rewards for you

13 hours ago, Lord Drakyle said:

it should be the same number and i assume if ya borrowed someone's save file with completion of it and put it in ya save folder (without making it active) it might make the game think you have completed it before and offer the puzzle skip star piece thing that unlocks the rewards for you

so assuming i do have someones save file,

when excatly would i get this star piece

and also does this work for route 1 puzzle too

1 hour ago, Mei-o_Scarlett said:

so assuming i do have someones save file,

when excatly would i get this star piece

and also does this work for route 1 puzzle too

you dont 'get' the star piece per se, it appears as a silver version of one of those healing stars in the room, dunno if one exists for route 1