CAP Project in Reborn

Tempest

Probably already know the answer but what's the worst that can happen?

I finally deciding to give up my ignorance and immerse myself in the world of competitive battling. After spending hours looking up strategies and Pokemon on Smogon, I came across the Create-a-Pokemon Project. I wondered how'd they perform in Reborn.

Now, I know Reborn is trying to stay as true to the metagame and main games as possible, but these pokemon are designed to function along with the metagame. They're featured on Showdown, although I don't know if they can only be used in specific times. Besides they're already sprited and have proven to work well.

I have no clue if how familiar people are with the project but the forum is here and there main page is here. The newest Pokemon Cawmodor hasn't made it's way onto their main page yet.

Edited by CobraKill

Hmm. Never saw that in the search I did. Seems interesting. It didn't seem overly difficult to implement them into the game based on what I've been seeing in the development board. I've even messed around with the game a bit myself, with backups of course. To be fair though, I just edited Pokemon, not adding complete new ones, so I shouldn't be one to judge.

• Administrators

Be that as it may, I think this post was in reference to the Reborn Game.

It wouldn't actually be all that hard, however, I'm really not interested in fakemon. I've considered several times including Reborn's CAP pokemon, Grimolt, but ultimately, as I'm choosing to keep to traditional moves/mechanics, I don't feel that it's fair to the player to suddenly throw such a huge curveball at them as brand new fake Pokemon. I want people to have as good of an understanding of the rules in this Pokemon world as they do in the main series, such that that they can play off of each other, and ultimately, I feel like adding Fakemon would disrupt that unity.

There's also the added risk of bringing down Nintendo's Wrath on Reborn. They tolerate things like simulators and mods, but adding things like fakemon makes it more likely they'll shut down reborn. They've done that sort of thing before.