What is your favourite and least favourite Mega?

Fezzdog

I would've created a poll but each question only allows 20 choices :(

My favourite Mega would have to be MegaLucario. His design looks really cool and his stats are really versatile. That Adaptability Bullet Punch and 120 base speed Close Combat hurts yo.

My least favourite would be Mega Heracross. I feel like there was wasted potential there. Even if he does get Skill-linked Pin Missile and Arm Thrust now, his speed decrease really hurts him imo. Moxiecross's ability to use a choice scarf makes his non-Mega much better suited to getting any kind of sweep off. His design looks really off as well. Too many curves, they could've done so much for a Mega Heracross, esppecially when Japan has Kamen Rider to take inspiration off.

Favorite: Mega Mawile and Mega Blastoise, because these two mega formes turn two cool but subpar Pokemon into the very best at what they do (bulky offense for Mawile, Rapid Spin for Blastoise).

Least favorite: Mega Blaziken, because the fact that it is broken misleads people into talking about wether or not Mega Evolution is a broken feature, taking away attention from the real problem (that is, Blaziken is broken in itself, mega or not mega).

My favorites include Mawile & Gardevoir. Gardevoir because she's one of my favorite Pokemon & gaining Pixilate.....Fairy-STAB Hyper Beam hurts.@_@ As for Mawile I really liked her before her Mega, but was very hard to use, but with her Mega & an overall buff in Gen.6 thanks to Fairy she's great!=D

Least favorites are Gengar because.....why? With Shadow Tag I have a feeling that it'll get banned.=/ I also don't see the point in having Scizor & Garchomp with Mega's, they are both so good on their own, why would they need Mega's???-.-

I for one, am rather fond of Mega Aggron. It's got great synergy with the dragon team's I've been making and the fact it gets Filter means it's better at surviving with it's now pure steel typing.

That and when it is mega evolved, I just imagine it yelling "MY BODY IS READY!"

Things I don't like?

Mega Scizor and Mega Blaziken

They just did not need to happen.

I'm gonna base mine based on it's stats, it's standings before the evolution, and if it looks cool.

The best one is hands down Absol. As if the original design wasn't already badass, the Mega designs looks amazing. It just looks so majestic and brilliant that you just can't ignore this beast. It also got a cool Speed and Attack boost with a neat ability. This will launch Absol from the depths of UU to OU. [Ame put Absol in UU for Reborn tiers. >>;]

The worst? Abomasnow. Simply because it's Mega stats are too lackluster compared to the other megas and it doesn't improve on it's now abysmal speed [From 60:30]. It looks too bloated as well. You might consider Aggron to be worse than Abomasnow but Aggron still has a stupidly high Defense and a great Offensive stat [230:140] and I think Mega Aggron looks better then the clomp of White and Green snow that is Mega Abomasnow. At least one thing remains consistent; Hail ain't gonna suddenly rise up from the dead anytime soon.

Edited by Cowtao

Mega Mawile. It was the first mega I used because I really liked the design. After a couple of games, I realized that mawile was REALLY good so I just kept using it :) I was actually going to try using mega gardevoir at first mainly because gardevoir is my favorite pokemon (next to metagross), but her pixilate ability was buggy in pokemonshowdown :/ Well I really like mawile and gardevoir (mostly mawile tho). As for my least favorite, it would have to be blaziken and scizor. Blaziken is one of my many favorite pokemon, but the mega evolution is sooooo unecessary. Same goes for scizor. Those two are alreay good. There really was no need to give them mega evolutions. In my opinion, I always thought that mega evolutions were created to give unused pokemon (like mawile) a chance to be in the spotlight. Giving pokemon like blaziken and scizor mega evolutions was such a bad idea; they're already good as it is.

M I was actually going to try using mega gardevoir at first, but her pixilate ability was buggy in pokemonshowdown :/

Why were you using showdown in the first place?

My favorite is definitely Mega Blaziken. Not because it's strong, but just because I like the way it looks the most. Mega Lucario is a strong second place, with Mega Charizard X being third. Though I REALLY like Mega Mewtwo Y a lot as well... Mega Mawile is another awesome one, but I stand by liking Mega Blaziken the most.

My least favorite is Abomasnow for sure. Though in all honesty, I don't care for Mega Aggron, Mega Banette, Mega Manectric, Mega Heracross, Mega Gardevoir, and Mega Mewtwo X either. Don't get me wrong, I like them normally, but their Mega Formes are just... ew to me(with the exception of Mewtwo's Y Mega Forme of course). Oh, Mega Pinsir is also kinda ew. Then again, Pinsir was always kinda ugly, so GF making it even uglier upon Mega Evolving is a job well done.

Favorite: Mega Mawile and Mega Abomasnow. Mawile should be obvious, it's a monster, it can sweep, it can destroy so much! And before anyone ask me why Abomasnow, it's because I think for some strange reason it's really cute, and for some reason I'm starting to get a liking for the Abomasnow family. In the future I'm planning on making a team around it for fun and hopefully with the plan I'm planning for it it'll get a chance to shine.

Least: Mega Scizor. It looks okay but it doesn't differ much from regular Scizor imo besides massive defense bulk.

Well, I recently started playing showdown as a way to play pokemon competitively. I'm not aware of any alternative sources to play pokemon where I can construct my dream team quickly and efficiently

Pokémon online. It's better, Reborn has a server there [3rd largest most of the time], and the community has been going since Netbattle [3rd gen simulator]. Anyone remember when SkarmBliss was still good?

My favorite Mega Evolution would definitely have to be Absol. Some pretty good stat improvements, and it was already my favorite non-Steel Pokemon. Not to mention it has Magic Bounce. Also, the thing looks like an angel of death. :D

My least favorite in terms of design/overall usefulness is definitely Mega Abomassnow. Who's really going to use something that has almost no use? esp[ecially with the changes to weather.

And a note; I'd like Mega Blaziken a lot more if it weren't for Speed Boost. They should've changed it's Mega Ability.

Least favorite? Mega Gardevoir; they put a gardevoir in a bride dress and then just made the other features look... weird. Were they even trying?

Most favorite? MEGA AGGRON. 230 BASE DEFENSE, MASSIVE HULK OF AWESOME MADE EVEN AWESOMER, DUAL TYPING REMOVED FOR LOWERED NUMBER OF WEAKNESSES, RETAINS BRUTE FORCE, DID I MENTION IT LOOKS AWESOME, RUGRRHRHHRHRHR MECHA GODZILLA

Don't shoot me for this, but I actually like Mega Manectric. The hairdo is strangely appealing to me, and its stats just scream "Jolteon with Flamethrower."

Other than that, Mega Absol and Mega Garchomp are my favorites. Absol actually got speed, and can utilize Fire Blast. Plus, it just looks pretty. Garchomp, design wise, is typical. However, by the trade of speed, IT IS BULKY AS FUCK. Garchomp was designed to be the bulky attacker in when he has introduced in Gen 4. So now Nintendo decided to compliment it with better Attack, Bulk, and Sp. Attack. Speed might be important, with mega Gardevoir and Mawile running around, but guess what? No fucks given. Some runner ups are Gardevoir, Venusaur, Blastoise, Scizor, Tyranitar, Manectric and Lucario.

Least favorites? I'd say Abamosnow and Banette. Banette is only because of design. I'd still use it, its just too painful to look at. But Abamosnow got WORSE. I mean, so did Heracross and, to an extent, Alakazam with the lack of Sash and Magic Guard, but at least they are usable.

Because I don't have the game yet, my vote is on looks and what I've seen in Let's Plays. My favorite would have to be Mega Aggron, Mega Absol, Mega Charizard X or Mega Venasuar. My least favorite is Mega Bannette or Mega Manectric.

My favorite is Mega-Mawile.

My least favorite is a tie between:

Mega-Blastoise: All he got was a chin spike and two cannons on his arms. It looks overdesigned.

Mega-Gengar: It doesn't look like a ghost anymore, and it looks stupid. Plus, Gengar doesn't need a Mega.

Mega-Kangaskhan: First of all it's child abuse. Second of all, Kangaskhan doesn't even evolve, she just gets her kid out of her pouch. Third of all, that's two pokemon in one, so you team can have seven pokemon instead of six.

Mega-Mewtwo X: Mewtwo should never be anything but psychic.

Mega-Mewtwo Y: It just looks stupid. The original Mewtwo looks much much better.

Mega-Absol: They ruined Absol by giving him that ugly bang and wings. The original Absol is much better.

Mega-Garchomp: That jaw is creepy.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the whole Mega Evolution thing at all, but I'll leave my opinions anyway. I basically feel like it just takes away from the classic feel that Pokemon gives. In I mean, I don't want to start a flame war here, but whether you want to admit it or not, Mega Evos are VERY similar to Digimon, and I feel like it takes away some of the individuality that Pokemon had. Also, to me, most of the mega evos ended up looking much worse than their originals to me. Granted, some have decently cool designs, and it's not going to ruin the series for me or anything drastic, but I'd prefer that they'd never been made. It definitely has nothing to do with the fact that they kind of stole my idea for a Pokemon hack I was and probably still am going to make... Anyway, back on topic, my favorite out of them is probably Mega Gyarados because it was already one of my favorite Pokemon and I like the way the mega version looks. Least favorite would have to be Alakazam. I mean, really. LOOK AT IT. He has a jewel on his foread, hands, for feet, and a crazy long beard. No. Just No.

(Braces for potential hate wave)