Complete the Pokédex

gilam

I dunno where you are in the game, but I can give out a few tips based on how I play:

Spoiler

1) Do all of the events as they become available. Many pokemon are exclusive to these, and many more are acquired via event long before they start appearing in the wild, so getting them while they're still relevant will both bolster your 'Dex significantly and feel less like a chore than they would backtracking to them in the lategame.

2) Capture any and all Shinies you encounter if you don't have them registered as caught yet, resources permitting. This game's Shiny rate is high enough that they can account for a sizeable chunk of your 'dex progress without even trying.

3) Don't be afraid to capture multiple species of the same evolutionary line. A couple pokeballs is a worthwhile tradeoff in the name of avoiding grinding time later.

4) Once you get the Exp. All, take note of how pokemon you're powerleveling whenever you're grinding for a story fight. If you're only leveling five pokemon or fewer, than you should fill in the rest of the party with random 'mons Level-based evolutions to get them out of the way early and not have to worry about them later.

Admittedly, this list assumes that you're on a fresher file, so sorry if you're in the endgame already. Can't quite help you there, I'm afraid 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gilam said:

Complete the Pokédex is very time consuming. How you guys work on it?

any tips?

Spoiler

THere is a new item in e19 called Magnetic Lure that increases significantly the encounter chance of Pokemons you haven't caught. Also, besides legendaries, no Pokemon is permanently missable, including starters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Hide contents

THere is a new item in e19 called Magnetic Lure that increases significantly the encounter chance of Pokemons you haven't caught. Also, besides legendaries, no Pokemon is permanently missable, including starters.

Spoiler

Oh, that sounds very nice. I decided to start over to see the new early game so I feel the need to ask: where is that? It sounds far too convenient to pass up when I get to wherever it is.