Custom Starter Password?

lifesapity

I know this is probably too late... with community release just around the corner and all...

But is there any chance of a password that will allow the player to choose their own starter?

Something like:

Starter447 to get a Rilou

Starter133 to get an Eevee

Starter328 to get a Trapinch

There are so many Pokemon I would love to try using as a starter, either for a monotype run or just because I love the Pokemon itself.

I know this is technically possible using online play and having a friend trade you a Pokemon, but I would love if there was a way that didn't have to resort to that.

On 4/14/2022 at 11:25 AM, Rendolf said:

I believe you can pick any starter you want through use of the Debug Mode mod, but I've never used it myself so I'm not sure how it works.

There are 2 ways to get a custom starter using the Debug Mode mod.

1. Navigate to the menu (where you click to check pokedex, pokemon, trainer card, etc) and click 'debug'. There, you'll find a new menu, with an option to 'add pokemon' - after scrolling down to your desired 'mon's pokedex number, you click, set level, and you're done. Just be sure to toss the official starter if you're planning to use it as a replacement and not an additional mon.

2. Navigate to the starter you chose, click to see the menu (the one which lets you choose to give it item, view stats, etc) and then click 'debug'. There, you can change species.

And that's it basically