Just beat Erick... with an A-Vulpix

pizzagod13

Yes really lol 

She was out t1 and in the winning attempt survived the whole fight. This was in my fairy mono no items, set mode (she counts as a fairy since she evolves into one). I came up with the idea of using her after failing with other strategies for like 3-4 hours. I realized that I could use her to freeze the field and it turns out that with a elemental seed, max speed IV, timid nature and speed EVs that she could outspeed his Electivire. My mawile could one shot the A-Raichu (with sucker punch), so that was no problem.

The main issue was what came next, the Electivire would knock my Mawile into the red t1, then he would send in Togedemaru, this thing was a huge threat (especially considering this new field I made gives it +2 speed) and I had to get lucky to win, specifically I needed to freeze BOTH of his mons in the same turn, AND have them actually stay frozen, this took MANY attempts, but I eventually got it, on the next turn I had my slurpuff set up a sticky web, and then I just spammed blizzard and other moves until I won, two of my Pokemon did not even see battle, so yeah, the fact the Erick acted salty when he lost is justified, a stage 1 Pokemon carried me and demolished him.

And yeah, the damage from A-Vulpix was pretty respectable, like I was very surprised, just goes to show that field effects are broken. Can you imagine if I had gotten the ice stone from the Kecleon quest? Then this would've been so free... 

A Vulpix win lol.png

team.png

• Like 2

As someone who is also doing a monotype Fairy, no use items, set mod, i can confirm that this fight was really painfull. I didn't think about A-vulpix tho

I personally had to rely on QuickClaw Gardevoir to win this fight so yeah it's very hard to win without luck on your side.

1 hour ago, Yukineige said:

As someone who is also doing a monotype Fairy, no use items, set mod, i can confirm that this fight was really painfull. I didn't think about A-vulpix tho

I personally had to rely on QuickClaw Gardevoir to win this fight so yeah it's very hard to win without luck on your side.

That is an interesting strategy, how did that help you exactly? The steel types were the real problem for me and I can't see my Gardevoir being too useful there even if it gets the quick claw proc, since one thunder raid or iron head takes it out...

But, Yeah this was the hardest fight so far for me. Nothing else has been this hard before or since then. Rift Garbage Can was easy with Melia's help, Florin was easy cause the field boost fairy moves, and double boosts moonblast, Vivian and Souta got swept by bellydrum + unburden + sitrus berry Slurpuff (use this shit its broken lol), Angel of Death was easy because its weak to fairy lul, and so many fairies have good special defense, Adam was tricky but Prankster Klefki with thunderwave on his mega was enough to win that one.

Valarie is probably my runner up for the second hardest fight since she has is mono poison and the field helps her, she makes GDC Venam look like a cakewalk...

Still have not reached Saki yet, that is gonna suck lol, nor have I beaten Aya, she is gonna be a pain in the ass, probably going to need some cheese... 

QuickClaw gardevoir was my only way to deal with toxtricity since i kept the original terrain up for Merciless Aevian Milotic.
For the two steel type : Both granbull and mawile intimidate for togedemaru  and granbull close combat to deal with magneton. Galar Wheezing Neutralizing gaz + Ribombee to take out the A-Raichu was also helpfull.

Valarie's fight was also a nightmare. Not being able to have A-Ninetales is really annoying.
Florin was really easy. 
The double psychic Gym i have always used a light screen Sylveon even in my "normal" playthroughs so it was fairly easy

For Souta: I didn't think about slurpuff but with Def/Speed EVs Dedenne  (I use debug to swap evs/nature/ability around to keep my sanity) elemental seed for skarmory/swanna+ carbink rock tomb for pidgeotto and destiny bond G-wheezing for Dragonite i managed to pull through.

It's my last major fight for now but i'm really scared for Geara and Saki.

Edited by Yukineige

11 hours ago, Yukineige said:

QuickClaw gardevoir was my only way to deal with toxtricity since i kept the original terrain up for Merciless Aevian Milotic.
For the two steel type : Both granbull and mawile intimidate for togedemaru  and granbull close combat to deal with magneton. Galar Wheezing Neutralizing gaz + Ribombee to take out the A-Raichu was also helpfull.

Valarie's fight was also a nightmare. Not being able to have A-Ninetales is really annoying.
Florin was really easy. 
The double psychic Gym i have always used a light screen Sylveon even in my "normal" playthroughs so it was fairly easy

For Souta: I didn't think about slurpuff but with Def/Speed EVs Dedenne  (I use debug to swap evs/nature/ability around to keep my sanity) elemental seed for skarmory/swanna+ carbink rock tomb for pidgeotto and destiny bond G-wheezing for Dragonite i managed to pull through.

It's my last major fight for now but i'm really scared for Geara and Saki.

I used Dedenne with elemental seed, on Souta too, its purpose was to let Slurpuff belly drum. Nuzzle broke the skarmory sturdy, and then I just needed it to get full para'd on my next turn. I only managed to kill 4 of his mons with Slurpuff before play rough missed.... so technically I did not actually sweep but w/e. 

But yeah Dedenne (and pretty much any fast pokemon that can paralyze, is god like in this game. So many fast mons that get shut down by it, and it allows for cheese. 

As for the quick claw strategy, that makes sense now. Initially I was using a Rimbombee with sticky web (breed with Sewadle) on my team, so it did not outspeed my Gardevoir, but as you can see from the image, that got cut in the winning attempt. Sticky web Rimbombee is very good, would def recommend. 

Edited by pizzagod13