Pokemon Azure (Act 2 is Out!)

p_k_

2wFqbWw.jpg

Zakos is Drowning.

Tensions are high as age-old hostilities between two powerful sects are showing signs of swelling into civil war. As the day you and your childhood friend finally embark on an adventure draws near, it becomes increasingly clear that you couldn't have picked a worse time to leave.

There's still a chance that you might be able to avoid the conflict and enjoy a quiet journey by your friend's side, but every step you take seems to draw you closer and closer, and it becomes apparent that your role in the origins of the schism seems to be far deeper than anyone could begin to realize.

The king has washed his hands free of the conflict and the people have no one to look to as an answer to the impending civil war. In a near war-torn Zakos, it's up to you and your allies to pacify the two sects and put an end to the hostilities, lest the region become ravaged by war and left at the mercy of two ancient and godlike forces.

promo.thumb.png.3f5553e435eea63a03414020695823d1.png

Features
New Story: Narratively driven with many fleshed out characters; Your choices matter
New Pokémon: New Regional Variants, Mega Evolutions, and Z Moves
Full Pokedex: All 898 Pokémon to be found
Shinies: Custom Shiny Pokémon courtesy of the Rejuvenation team; Shiny rate has increased to 1%
Challenge the Pantheon: Rather than gyms, Zakos is home to 16 powerful trainers collectively known as the Pantheon, each specializing in a single type
Increased difficulty: Difficult battles alongside level caps and the Field Effect system adopted from Rejuvenation (With a few of our own and from the Reborn Devolved League!).
Easier difficulty mode included!
Music: Mostly original soundtrack alongside remixes by GlitchXCity, Kamex, and more
QoL Improvements: B/W Repel System, Name Rater in every Pokémon Center, and more!

mystic.jpg

Developers

Lead Developer: pkchu, darius, vincenzonova

Artists: Ace, cheselth, anting, Avislone, Techno, ali760, BootyXXL, misenrol, Candii

Composers: daforlynx, Rust, Lyn

Writers: treeckoz, Fe = Iron

Mappers: Citrus, Cervys

Balancing: Alexandra, GAlexander, Avery

Wiki: TechSkylander, Lexa

Testers: Zervixen, TridentGreen, SleepyBoi, Shinyrio, ShinyGolem, Ryouyashi, ReintendoO, Pingu, Orion89, R--, Martenaizor, Liridium, kaleidoscope, LEmonetteee_, Julius Caesar, Deeffect, couchchurro, chxxo, Badman, Pyuku, AceTrainerDevin, A11, DemICE, Moto, Azery, SG, Mizz, Commander, Glow, BIGFriv

Credits

Spoiler

--------Pokémon--------
Gamefreak/Nintendo
The Pokémon Company
--------Tiles--------
Amethyst and the Reborn Team
Janichroma and the Rejuvenation Team
Juno & Ice and the Floral Tempus Team
Magiscarf
KingTapir
IcyCatElf
Alucus
PeekyChew
Kyle Dove
Dewitty
CNC
Zetavares852
Lark125
ThatsSoWitty
xAlien95
UltimoSpriter
Heavy-Metal-Lover
WesleyFG
XDinky
Newtiteuf
Erma96
Hydrargirium
Poison-Master
Thedeadheroalistair
Shutwig
Asdsimone
Xxdevil
Steinnaples
Hek-el-grande
sylver1984
NikNak93
TeaAddiction
Cuddlesthefatcat
Gigatom
The-Red-eX
ChaoticCherryCake
rayd12smitty
GlitchxCity
Zeak6464
TapuFini
SpartaLazor
leparagon
Bulbapedia
Serebii
M3rein
BlackOutG5
Rune
Rigbycwts
Rot8ter_ConeX
James Davy
Luka-SJ
THECubberx
Akizakura16
Carmaniac
Jan
CNickC
The Musical Ghost
WolfPP
mybusiness
Leparagon
N-Kin
Conyjams
Smogon
SelenaArmorclaw
FishbowlSoul90
Princess-Pheonix
Drawn-Mario
WilsonScarloxy
LaPampa-Fr
Zeo254
Mewmore
Kalalokki
RadicalCharizard
NoelleMBrooks
Anarlaurendil
Kingofthe-x-roads
Smogon
Smash 27
BIGFriv
--------Graphics--------
Pokemon Desolation Team
Janichroma
Maruno&Pkmn Essentials Team
Amethyst
Juno& Ice
No.XII
Senpai Diego
Alistair
Clara-WaH
Pyrolusite
StargazerSammie
Ekat
SacredDragonair
ChaoticCherryCake
PrincessPhoenix
ranko
Sorrow-Divine (https://twitter.com/sorrowdivine)
AerunFE (https://twitter.com/aerunfe)
hut (https://twitter.com/huttaburger)
Crimson (https://twitter.com/crimcrimart)
Dewdneym (https://twitter.com/Dewndeym)
AnonAlpaca
Lichen
Alexandre
-------Animations--------
Reborn Animation Team:
Smeargletail
Robin
Amethyst
Mde
Cass
Vulpes
-------Shiny Sprites-------
Alex
Bluedodobob
Dypatome
Might Gai
Njab
Atticus
Korvpizza
Hycrox
Guzam
Kiteruguma/Bibs
Cyanna Cyril
Siragon
Jan
EliteFlyingTaco
MakaTorracat
Zumi
Azery
Bazaro
rentalrafflesia
Arkiel
Desaya
Kmk
Trevore
BIGJRA
Anti_Hero
ycoder321
DreamblitzX
Tartar
Felcatty
foznkr
Cool Girl
Phi-Bi
jmanultrax1
WSGreen
Amine elhedili/Another Retired Shipper
DeathBoo
luis
Sceptilespy
Candy
MOLVEGQ
--------Maps--------
Juno & Ice and the Floral Tempus Team (Meadow Temple)
--------Music--------
GlitchXCity
NickOleksiak
Solkrieg
The Ophidians
xxxshadowgiratinaxxx
TheGuitahHeroe
Pianoman91894
LightUmbreon
KunningFox
Zumi
Anthos
Glaf Glorf
Kamex
vanilluxePavilion
insanetherainmusic
--------Scripting--------
Janichroma
Maruno(Pkmn Essentials)
Amethyst(PBS files/Field Effect concept)
Kurotsune(Backup save system)
Sardines
DemICE(In-battle info script)
Cassie Rose
Calamity League (Field Effects)
--------Generation 8 Addition--------
ActionReplayer
Pokemon Trainer Jackey
www.pokecommunity.com
Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)
See the discussion at PokéCommunity!
www.pokecommunity.com
Noscium
Quanyails
Zermonious
GeoIsEvil
Kyle Dove
dDialgaDiamondb
N-kin
Misterreno
Kevfin
Xtreme1992
Vale98PM
Branflakes325
Dreadwing93
Amethyst
Jan
Zumi
Bazaro
Koyo
Smeargletail
Noscium
Lepagon
N-kin
fishbowlsoul90
princess-phoenix
SageDeoxys
Kyle-Dove
DatLopunnyTho
Conyjams
kaji atsu
The cynical poet
LuigiPlayer
Falgaia of the Smogon S/M sprite project
Pikafan2000
Lord-Myre
Lepargon
Amethyst
conyjams
KingOfThe-X-Roads
Crocovyle
Cynda
InvoluntaryTwitch
zlolxd
mjco
G.E.Z.
--Mega Sprites:
Julian
Amethyst
Gardrow
FlameJow
The Cynical Poet
Minhnerd
Branflakes325
--------Tutorials------
Thundaga
-FL-
HelioAu
Playerin
Amethyst
--------Scripting Help--------
Cass
Jan
DemICE
Moto
Azery
Commander
BIGFriv
--------Pokémon Essentials-----------
Poccil
Flameguru
Maruno
FL.
P-Sign

Download

Acts 1 and 2 have about 6-8 hours of content each. Enjoy!

If there are any bugs, please let us know!

Join our Discord!

If you want to help out, we are looking for artists, don't hesitate to pm!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

v1.0.5!

No major changes, just some balance changes and bug fixes!

Spoiler

Encounter changes:
- Rockruff removed -> Nosepass
- Mareanie removed -> Buizel
- Azurill removed -> Pichu
- Mystic Larvitar removed
Balance changes:
- Rose levels increased by 1
- Lux Litwick removed -> Zorua
- Minerva levels increased by 1
Bug fixes:
- Mystic Pokemon not having the correct ability
- Some passability errors

Patch link

The main download link on the post has already been patched!

Hey bud, great game ! Had a ton of fun playing it, I just had one game breaking bug where i couldnt move leaving the lighthouse so you might wanna fix that or close it for the time being.

Otherwise, how do you get the events pokemon like smoochum etc ? I didnt find any items that made them join my party..

Oh and could you tell me what is up with the false god sidequest? I just don't understand what i am supposed to do .. I talked to 2 NPCs in the library but i'm completely lost..

43 minutes ago, Tetsuma said:

Hey bud, great game ! Had a ton of fun playing it, I just had one game breaking bug where i couldnt move leaving the lighthouse so you might wanna fix that or close it for the time being.

Otherwise, how do you get the events pokemon like smoochum etc ? I didnt find any items that made them join my party..

Oh and could you tell me what is up with the false god sidequest? I just don't understand what i am supposed to do .. I talked to 2 NPCs in the library but i'm completely lost..

Thanks so much for playing! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

As for the lighthouse, thanks for letting me know, I'll go ahead and close it off for the time being.

With the static encounters, you need to find gourmet treats to get them, which are pretty well hidden: 

Spoiler

There's one in the little corner below the rightmost house in Logium Town B, and one somewhere in the ring of water around the statue in the Apolvita Grove.

The False God sidequest requires you to find and talk to three specific NPCs in the library before returning to talk to Warren. If you don't know who Warren is, talk to the front desk lady first!

Hope this helped!

Edited by p_k_

v1.0.6! (kinda)

This was something we received a *lot* of criticism about so I decided to fix it asap.
Minerva's gym puzzle is now an actual puzzle and not reliant on fringe literature knowledge (or guessing and checking)

Just redownload from the main link, or the patch link a few comments above if you already have a download!

Few bugs that I decided to go ahead and fix (as well as an encounter change):
- Fixed bug preventing entering Minerva's arena
- Fixed softlock in Logium Town C Lighthouse
- Poochyena is actually in the game

Just download from the link in the comment above!

This update includes a feature many have asked for: intense mode.

Go ahead and check out the buffed trainer battles here!

There have also been various bug fixes/changes, all of which you can see below:

Spoiler

- Fixed bug where mystic starters still had normal starter abilities
- Fixed bugs when attempting sidequests during minerva's gym puzzle or afterwards
- Fixed various passability errors
- Fixed various grammatical/spelling errors
- Added repels to the vendor in Logium Town A

You can download the full patched game here!

Or just the patch here!

A patch with some balance fixes!

Spoiler

- Altered EVs/IVs for trainer pokémon in both normal and intense mode
- Altered intense mode trainer movesets
- Removed intense mode level scaling

As well as some dialogue fixes and general bug fixes. Enjoy!

Link!

Edited by p_k_

A new patch out with some bug fixes and more!

Spoiler

- Casual mode is actually now casual
- Some errors with the quests have been fixed
- The chatot trade is now accessible
- Dialogue has been updated

Link!

Remember, you only have to download the latest patch!

Edited by p_k_

• 3 months later...

Act 1.5!

Act Two is still in the works, but in the meantime, here's a pretty big content update for y'all.

What has been added:

Two new sidequests post-Minerva: These sidequests are pretty expansive (and difficult) with valuable rewards, and are hopefully going to be engaging as "post-game" content so to speak. The sidequest hooks are in the library and on the beach in Logium Town A after you beat Minerva.

One new field: The desert field never really fit as a field for the tropical beachside areas of the Calypsan Island, so we made our own new field that y'all can have fun exploring, the Beach Field. Check out what it fully does in the field effects manual, because some bosses really take advantage of this field!

One new Mystic Pokemon: Say hi to Mystic Voltorb! Much like its Kantonian counterpart, Mystic Voltorb has the propensity to explode when threatened, but rather than being a bomb, resembles a crystal ball. Seems fitting for a Mystic Form, doesn't it?

unknown.thumb.png.3106235315f50b5584fd7a1a95bec01a.png

What has been changed:

Difficulty Modes: Previously, the difficulty modes only changed the difficulty of the boss battles. However, we realized that this messed with exp and wasn't a particularly enjoyable experience, especially on casual mode, so we reworked the difficulty mode to affect all trainer battles; Intense mode players might observe higher levels and extra Pokémon on route trainer teams, while casual mode players can expect the opposite. Hopefully, this makes the game more engaging for those playing on a difficulty other than normal.

Trainer272.thumb.jpg.3bf6371d338b416ea41c20848e8296bc.jpg

I hope y'all enjoy this update, and be on the lookout for Act Two: Decorum and Ruin in the coming months. Enjoy!

Download Link

Field Effect Manual

Encounters and Mystic Forms

Also, if you want to stay up to date with reveals or talk to others about the game, here's our discord server!

https://discord.gg/B4GNhS2VMg

Edited by p_k_

• 1 month later...

Hi there! A couple of exciting updates for y'all, including Azure 1.6 (not a content update sorry)

So Azure was originally built off of Rejuvenation v12's engine, which was incredibly laggy and prone to crashing. Overall, not a fun time. However, thanks to Cass over at Reborn, we have moved to a better engine, Rejuvenation's v13 engine, and I figured with the influx of new players, it was about time to share it with y'all, in a version I'm calling Azure 1.6, the Great Engine Update. The game should be faster, smoother, and overall much more fun to play on!

Additionally, Act Two is slated to release sometime this summer, so be on the lookout for that!

You must completely delete your old game folder (where you launch the game from) for this to work, and do not be saved in Logium Town A, otherwise it will 100% error out!!!

Also, join our discord! https://discord.gg/B4GNhS2VMg

Download Link

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

Ok, is there any reason this wouldn't run on a Mac via Wine? I downloaded the latest version (ostensibly 1.65, but the folder says 1.5 once I unzip it), I've been trying to play it but no matter what I do it just won't start.

EDIT: Even trying to playtest it through RPGMaker XP just throws up a "failed to create process" error.

Hey guys can somebody help me out with a puzzle answer?

I'm on the library sidequest (with the golems) and I can't for the life of me figure out the water drinking/flame puzzle.  I've read the "hint" but somehow what I thought was the answer apparently wasn't so I'm left kind of scratching my head.  Any help would be appreciated thanks.

On 12/16/2022 at 4:31 PM, MyuMix said:

Hey guys can somebody help me out with a puzzle answer?

I'm on the library sidequest (with the golems) and I can't for the life of me figure out the water drinking/flame puzzle.  I've read the "hint" but somehow what I thought was the answer apparently wasn't so I'm left kind of scratching my head.  Any help would be appreciated thanks.

join our discord and we can help you there!

• 2 months later...

"The Mirror has given us a second chance it seems."

Act_Two.thumb.jpg.9dedd5fc08f71eae9ea730fc90690039.jpg

Act 2 is on the horizon, specifically 3/2/2023, at midnight. With it comes an overhauled Act 1, lots of graphical updates, and some kickass new music.

For those interested, our discord server also has an open beta currently going for everyone in it, so you can play a week early (at the expense of putting up with my bug fixes).

Thanks for sticking with us! And hang tight until release day (or play the open beta), it'll be worth it we promise.

And remember-

"Everything that's about to unfold is meant to happen..."

• Thanks 1

Act 2: Decorum and Ruin is here!

Haunted_manor-min.png

Act 2: Decorum and Ruin has 6-8 hours of new content, a completely reworked EV and IV system, a massive overhaul of Act 1 content, some absolutely banger tracks from our composers.

Here is the short version of our latest and greatest features;

New EV/IV System: Redone to give the player the ability to reallocate EV points any time they want, with a pool of EVs that grow as you level up.

Tutor.net: Use move tutors on the go! Once you talk to them once, you can use their services from the CyberNav!

PokeMagnet: Repel unwanted encounters or attract rare ones, all from the CyberNav.

Killed Friendship: No more friendship evos. Spend your time doing better things.

New Mystic forms: Four more were added in Act 2, see if you can find them all!

Envy_Concept_Sheet.jpg

“If it meant you could finally be free, wouldn’t you put on the mask?”

We have worked tirelessly at this to bring you all something we think you will truly enjoy and provide a very unique, entertaining, and dynamic experience, massive thanks to our team and our playtesters alike for their efforts and I hope you see the fruits of all of our labor!

We absolutely recommend you restart your game fresh for the best experience possible and make sure to join our Discord to get early access to tons of information!

Thank you all so much for your continued love and support for the game, we appreciate it immensely and we hope that we do your expectations justice!

Here is our download link:

Act 2 Download Link

These are all of our documentation links:

Battle Documentation

Encounter and Misc Documentation

Field Effect Documentation

If you find any bugs, please reach out to us and let us know!

• Like 2

This is a really dumb question but would it be possible to put the download link as a google drive version too like act 1 had?

only reason I ask is because I somehow managed to get a virus using media fire a few years ago despite having Adblock and clicking the correct download link now I am a bit paranoid to use it.

if not that is ok hope I’m not bothering by asking this.