Enemy PP

sharqking

How does enemy PP work? Do some battles have infinite pp? Do all battles have infinite? I thought I've had a few battles where the opponent has to switch moves because they ran out of pp, but I've also switched stall moves before and then never seem to run out when I do that? Is it possibly a glitch/feature that has to do with switching? Or something to do with immunity? I accounted turns in case they were PP Uped. The Patch was 13.0.2 for one battle, and 13.0.5, and both were in Intense mode if any of that matters.

Spoiler

I've run into a different glitch when it comes to switching mons, which is why I bring that up. Shadow Mewtwo never enters Frenzy mode if you switch on it the first turn it is out, no matter how many turns after the battle goes. I was wondering if has something to do with a switching glitch where the opponents mon don't register correctly when you switch the first turn their out, or something like that. Or that could have nothing to do with it.

The battle I have tried to pp stall in are Giratina (Dragon Claw- 26 turns, v13.0.5) in Wispy Tower and Groudon (Eruption- 12ish turns v13.0.2) in Caratos Mountain. I even when a couple turns past pp up range in case I miscounted.

The only time I can remember pp stalling working is Kyrogue in Mt. Valor. It just stopped using Origin Pulses. However, I wasn't switch stalling it, which is another reason why i think switching might be why.