Third Gym Leader Problems and Concerns for the Future

Preesh

Spoiler

As of now, I've made it to the normal gym leader, but I'm getting stuck at his M Lopunny no matter how I seem to approach the battle. In general I've started with Lycanroc to sac infront of Staraptor for Stealth Rocks, and then I can get it to U-Turn into Pyroar by going into Frostlass next. Then houndoom can eat a Flamethrower via Flash Fire and I can generally get a Flame Charge and Fire Fang into it before Houndoom goes down. Empoleon can finish the Pyroar and I can stall around with the incoming Sawsbuck with Frostlass until he switches into Lopunny but even with burn a on it it's just too strong for my team. Empoleon gets two shot if I choose to sac Frostlass to heal him, Ambipom can get a fake out and a bullet seed off before going down, and Flygon could finish the job but he just uses a hyper potion and Dragon Claw doesn't out damage Facade. I could swap one of my pokemon at the moment with a lvl. 45 Mothim, but I don't see how trying to find somewhere to Quiver Dance enough to sweep the team is even possible. Mothim would get basically destroyed by anything he's got it seems like. Some advice would be much appreciated, but part of me feels like I'm either going to have to find something to sweep with or just start a new game and build specifically for this fight. Even then, I'm concerned about future gym battles. If I do decide to start the game over again, are the future gyms going to be this rough (IE- Megas, damage reduction berries, better healing items, super wide moves sets that sort of stuff)? Because at this point if I can't get past the third gym without specifically building a team for it, I'm a bit concerned about trying to deal with other gyms, and if I'm going to need to constantly build a new team after every gym battle.

Swanna is a pretty decent counter to M-Lopunny. If you delay Ducklett's evolution until level 41, it learns Brave Bird early. The most damage it can do to you is via a weak facade, so you can probably set up Tailwind and then either kill it or weaken it enough for another teammate

11 hours ago, Gastronely said:

Swanna is a pretty decent counter to M-Lopunny. If you delay Ducklett's evolution until level 41, it learns Brave Bird early. The most damage it can do to you is via a weak facade, so you can probably set up Tailwind and then either kill it or weaken it enough for another teammate to revenge kill it

Would you happen to know where I can find Ducklett?

• 1 month later...